I've seen a few threads here with great ideas of how to show off your new Playbook to family and friends etc. Today I was browsing my usual RSS feeds and a great video was posted for the masses. I was watching this video in amazement how beautiful it was on my work computer (17" monitor) and then it dawned on me to try it on my PB. Not only did it look better on my PB but it never skipped a beat (meanwhile my pc was buffering half the time).

So I put the link in my favorites on the PB and took it around tonight to show a bunch of people. Everyone I showed it too not only loved the video but were all totally amazed by the PB. When I explained the video was streaming over wifi it blew there minds.

Check this video out on your PB (make sure to make it full screen) and tell me you aren't amazed. When you are done enjoying it post how you show off your PB to friends, family etc. etc.

Timelapse - The City Limits on Vimeo

BTW I've sold about 15 Playbooks in the last week and a half... when should I expect my commission from RIM?
    05-05-11 10:12 PM
    nice job......
    05-05-11 10:19 PM
    i like it!
    05-05-11 10:20 PM
    that is one amazing vid on the playbook.

I usually show it off by just using it....
    05-05-11 10:25 PM
    Show it off by not demoing Flash websites. I have never seen so much frustration -- it's just not good on a touchscreen. Flash video, on the other hand, is great. Thanks for the bipolar technology Adobe...
    05-05-11 10:34 PM
    wow the video gave me the chill . was hoping for the city to fold on itself, thanks to the inception soundtrack. wow playbook just rock the **** of streaming video

just dowsnt rock on autocorrect though lol
    05-05-11 10:38 PM
    I don't show it off. I don't "sell" things to people. If they want it they'll buy it. I do, however, let them mess around with it, and they seem to like NFS.
    05-05-11 10:49 PM
    i like to show it off in the nude

what a stupid thread
    05-05-11 10:51 PM
    I personally like the HD Asteroid Impact video on Youtube played to a Pink Floyd song.
    05-05-11 10:56 PM
    I personally like the HD Asteroid Impact video on Youtube played to a Pink Floyd song.
    Sounds good... where's the link?
    05-05-11 11:00 PM
    Wow amazing video! The quality of the playback on the PlayBook is just phenomenal!
    05-05-11 11:04 PM
    That was a great vid - very clear & crisp on the PB
    05-05-11 11:32 PM
    Videos for now and my new AVNC. But wont do to much showing off until TAT comes online.

Tim
    05-05-11 11:33 PM
    This video blows my mind everytime:

05-06-11 09:02 PM

what a stupid thread
    i was going to say naked.

But back to the OP I think the most impressive things are bezel gestures, but i do agree it sells itself.
    05-06-11 09:57 PM
    the size and portability sell itself to me. built quality is also good.
    05-06-11 10:01 PM
    I actually have people come up and ask what is that? I carry it around with me at work to meetings and I just got the convertible case, which I really like, very sharp looking. They see this sleek black device and when I say oh that is the blackberry playbook, they are caught off gaurd and then I hook them when i show them my videos, browser, the bridge, etc.

Everyone I have shown it to has been really impressed. I love my playbook!!!
    05-06-11 10:02 PM
    I've had lots of people say is that the iPad thing, and I say in a somewhat mad voice, no it's a BlackBerry PlayBook. I don't like it being called an iPad, especially since I always have the BB logo on the back visible. However, when people do come to see it, I show them BBM, the internet, tethering, bridge, video and sound, how smooth it is, and the UI.
    05-06-11 10:16 PM
    this video has converted me to HD vids. i gotta dl and HD movie and see if its as sweet as those vids were. nice.
    05-06-11 10:32 PM
    The video is actually great and looks quite nice indeed, all HD videos look crisp on the playbook, power of a high density screen ;D

That's the only good thing about the original post though, the rest is just some garbled biased explanation on how supposedly the playbook is "better" than a desktop computer and how wifi suddenly became such a technology that nobody knows about and blows people's minds O_o....
    Last edited by gbsn; 05-06-11 at 10:40 PM.
    05-06-11 10:37 PM
    I set mine up on my desk and use the Bridge to access my contacts, tasks and calendar on my Torch. My work issues Blackberries to all of the outside sales and delivery folks. They are liking the set up I have. No need to synch with a desktop..everything on my phone is at my fingertips w/o touching my phone. When I'm out in the field everything is in one place, and the Playbook makes it way easier to access and edit. Already a couple of the guys are talking about getting a Playbook. Add all the other current and coming functionality..it makes the Playbook an attractive choice for a current Blackberry phone owner.
    05-06-11 10:49 PM
    excellent find. very nice.
    05-06-11 10:51 PM

what a stupid thread
    Was there a point to post this? If you didn't like the thread just go to another one...

I can't wait to check this video out on my Playbook.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-11 10:52 PM
    I 1 hand my PlayBook while riding the TTC streetcar and holding the rails.

I also use it infront of the Apple Store (I know... they closed lol...)

(I was too excited, needed to find WiFi right away to patch and.... only Apple store have their WiFi unlocked without all the hotspot login, agreement, bells and whistle.
    05-06-11 11:04 PM
    i've seen a few threads here with great ideas of how to show off your new playbook to family and friends etc. Today i was browsing my usual rss feeds and a great video was posted for the masses. I was watching this video in amazement how beautiful it was on my work computer (17" monitor) and then it dawned on me to try it on my pb. Not only did it look better on my pb but it never skipped a beat (meanwhile my pc was buffering half the time).

So i put the link in my favorites on the pb and took it around tonight to show a bunch of people. Everyone i showed it too not only loved the video but were all totally amazed by the pb. When i explained the video was streaming over wifi it blew there minds.

Check this video out on your pb (make sure to make it full screen) and tell me you aren't amazed. When you are done enjoying it post how you show off your pb to friends, family etc. Etc.

timelapse - the city limits on vimeo

btw i've sold about 15 playbooks in the last week and a half... When should i expect my commission from rim?
    nice job, keep it up
    05-06-11 11:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD