I know i cant open a gif from the pics app but how can i open them from the browser app if theyre on my playbook already?
    08-05-12 03:18 AM
    file:///accounts/1000/shared/wherever.you.placed.said.gif

Or find a better file browser / image viewer in App World.
    08-05-12 03:41 AM
    file:///accounts/1000/shared/wherever.you.placed.said.gif

Or find a better file browser / image viewer in App World.
    thanks Bla1ze. any suggestions on a better image viewer, i tried an app called "My File Manager" but all it does is open the gif in the pictures app.
    08-05-12 03:51 AM
    thanks Bla1ze. any suggestions on a better image viewer, i tried an app called "My File Manager" but all it does is open the gif in the pictures app.

Smart Office Lite can open them, not ideal..but it does work.
    08-05-12 04:17 AM
    I know i cant open a gif from the pics app
    How do you know this? My pictures app opens gifs and gifs are listed as a supported media type for the PB.
    08-05-12 12:16 PM
    How do you know this? My pictures app opens gifs and gifs are listed as a supported media type for the PB.
    I believe he may be referring to animated gifs that don't animate in the native picture app.

I for one would like to see this happen in future updates.
    08-06-12 11:37 AM
    You can sideload an android app called animated gif player, the app crashes when you open it but if you have a file manager app like ghost commander just find your gif and select open with animated gif player and you can view your animated gif. Other way is to open your gif from the browser, in the url adress bar erase everything and write / then go to accounts/1000/shared and find your gif, you can even add it to your home screen.
    08-29-13 12:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD