How Do You Delete Files?
Surely it is possible to delete files from the device itself? I would have thought an app called "File Manager" woudl be able to do it but if it can, I cannot see how. Does anyone know how it is done?
- CrackBerry Genius
03-11-13, 10:29 PM #2
- 3,504 Posts
In File Manager, tap the pencil icon in the top right corner, then tap the trashcan next to the file you want to delete. You can also install any of a number of file managers in app world. Ghost Commander is particularly good and is free.
- CrackBerry User
03-11-13, 10:31 PM #3
- 22 Posts
Long hold the file you wish to delete from File Manager and a new pop up side Window comes up. Go to the trash can and you can delete. You can continue to hold while you go down to the can or let go and tap the trash can as well. Hope this helps
Posted via CB10
I tried that and I can hold my finger on an icon for a minute and nothing pops up (I am on the latest OS version). But the pencil tool, which I had assumed was a link to edit an editable document, has done the trick. Thanks for your help.
- By damatojf in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 14Last Post: 09-29-11, 11:30 AM
- By zonules in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 11Last Post: 08-22-09, 07:24 PM
- By ThicknLovely in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 5Last Post: 04-19-09, 10:50 AM
- By crazyberry in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 10Last Post: 12-04-07, 03:09 PM
- By bullynj in forum BlackBerry 8830 WEReplies: 5Last Post: 11-04-07, 10:02 PM