- 03-20-13, 04:55 PM #2
Firstly, welcome to CrackBerry!
Please update your profile to include your devcie(s), carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to help you.
On your PB, hold down your finger on web address. It should highlight whole address.
A context menu should pop up, with one choice being Copy.
If context menu didn't appear, hold down your finger again on the highlighted web address and it should then pop up.
- 03-20-13, 05:06 PM #3
- CrackBerry Addict
03-20-13, 09:29 PM #6
- 587 Posts
OP, sometimes for me, when I try to press on the browser address it kind of jumps away and I have to try again. It usually works the second time.
And welcome to CrackBerry. Be sure to hang out here. You will meet terrific people and get waaay more out of your devices.
- 03-20-13, 10:18 PM #8
Thanks. That worked of course. I'm not sure how it's different from what I was trying to do anyway but at least it's working for me now.
As far as being new I'm really not. My first BlackBerry was a 7250 and I've been on CrackBerry since I had my 8830. Unfortunately a while back I spent a year in iPhone 4 purgatory. When I finally upgraded back to the Bold I have now, I could neither remember nor recover my CrackBerry password so I ended up just starting over. When I tried to add my device info and a signature it said I didn't have enough posts. I guess I should try again but I just haven't gotten around to it yet. By the way, next week I will get my Z10 which will be my fifth BlackBerry if you don't count my PlayBook.
- CrackBerry Genius
05-18-13, 12:37 PM #13
- 2,809 Posts
1st, tapping once to highlight URL - success.
2nd, tap again to bring up the arrow pointer (why?)
- This brings up the circular arrow pointer to input or delete single text. If the OP or anyone else wishes to copy the URL, there is not point in doing this step.
3rd, tap end of pointer (where dots are).
- This doesn't make sense nor does it work; because you need to select text first. The 3 dots is not present in this step only the keyboard.
4th and 5th are redundant as well as steps 2 & 3.
My only gripe - even on leaked BB10 for Z10 (10.1) is copy and paste to-and-from the BB10 Browser.
1. Tap once to highlight URL.
2. TRY to tap & hold to bring up right-side bar to COPY.
- I mean "try" because the URL bar jumps UP & Down!! You have to keep trying this step alone maybe 2 or 3 times to get it right!!
WTF! This thing jumps UP and DOWN like a virgin being tickled!!
I'm aware the browser entry field thinks you're trying to edit or type an entry into the smart bar ... but its VERY annoying when trying to download youtube music to be converted by mp3 org site to convert to download.
Copy youtube URL from browser, then jump a tab an paste into a web site (the latter is sweetly easy, doing the former I want to punch someone at BlackBerry for failing something SO MISERABLY and SO OBVIOUS!
I'm good I'm cool, rant done.
- By vincentnyc in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 8Last Post: 01-17-10, 08:49 PM
- By SweetNAMese in forum BlackBerry Curve 8900Replies: 2Last Post: 06-10-09, 06:20 AM
- By rlwings in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 5Last Post: 01-19-09, 09:21 AM
- By 99ssconv in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 10Last Post: 09-23-08, 02:46 PM
- By the ants in forum News & RumorsReplies: 11Last Post: 04-01-08, 04:35 PM