I tried searching for information about this but found non, I am not a very technical person so please help me.

Are there any cable which i can use to connect my playbook to my old tv. The tv is got AV port. Any ideas.
    08-31-11 06:50 AM
    It will be expensive. There are lots of workaround such as using HDMI to VGA, and then VGA to RCA.
    Or u can try read this What is a HDMI to RCA connector? | HDMI to RCA
    But I don't know if it works or not. Heads up to buy?

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&x=0&ref_=nb_sb_noss&y=0&field-keywords=hdmi%20to%20rca%20converter&url=search-alias%3Delectronics
    LimeTripBlog likes this.
    08-31-11 07:19 AM
    Thanks for the info got something i can use. Anyone else any other ideas?
    mickrg123 likes this.
    08-31-11 07:40 AM
    Thanks for the info got something i can use. Anyone else any other ideas?
    I know I'm not the only one thinking this....It might be time for a tv upgrade.

If you google HDMI to RCA you will find tons of cables and little converter boxes for like $50 that will do the job. You might be able to find them cheaper on ebay.
    LimeTripBlog likes this.
    08-31-11 08:23 AM
    That looks like a 19" screen. You can pick up a brand new 22" LCD tv for around 200 most places, even less if you really look for deals. Why spend 50 for an adapter, when you can get a better screen image, more [modern] inputs, as well as a decent savings on your electric bill (lcd screens use about 1/3 the electric of CRT tv's of comparable size). In the long run you'll end up saving money.
    08-31-11 08:46 AM
    connecting with a monitor with vga would be alot cheaper though..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    LimeTripBlog likes this.
    08-31-11 08:48 AM
    You can get 26" pc monitors with hdmi ports for around �150, will work as a tv as well lol.

Also wouldn't be sure how well the pb would scale down to 540 resolution

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    LimeTripBlog likes this.
    08-31-11 09:30 AM
    I know I'm not the only one thinking this....It might be time for a tv upgrade.

If you google HDMI to RCA you will find tons of cables and little converter boxes for like $50 that will do the job. You might be able to find them cheaper on ebay.
    Lol TV upgrade won't happen anytime soon. I actually don't use it at all, but recently downloaded Dead Space, just wanted to play in big screen.
    08-31-11 10:05 AM
    connecting with a monitor with vga would be alot cheaper though..
    This was actually my plan b, thanks i saw a video on this, it works.
    08-31-11 10:08 AM
    It will be expensive. There are lots of workaround such as using HDMI to VGA, and then VGA to RCA.
    Or u can try read this What is a HDMI to RCA connector? | HDMI to RCA
    But I don't know if it works or not. Heads up to buy?

Amazon.com: hdmi to rca converter: Electronics
    This device here will it do the job. Any expert advice on this.
    08-31-11 10:13 AM
    You maybe able to play dead space on a big tv, but it won't look at all prity!

I want to hook mine up to my home cinema system to try out dead space, but haven't got a spare hdmi slot on my av receiver.
    And if I run it straight through my tv ill have to turn the tv speakers on everytime I use it.. To much faff!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    LimeTripBlog likes this.
    08-31-11 10:20 AM
    I took myself over to Office Depot and got a cheaper monitor with DVI and VGA input. I went to Radio Shack and got a micro HDMI to HDMI cable and then I got an HDMI to DVI adapter. Now my PB has its own dedicated screen for about $160.
    LimeTripBlog likes this.
    08-31-11 01:55 PM
    HD TV's are dirt cheap, even 40+ inch LCD's lol. Time for an upgrade.
    08-31-11 03:07 PM
    I get that people are saying a new TV might be better but I don't think that was the question of "how to get HDMI (Digital) to Component (Analog)" and the problem lies in the two technologies.

The component plug on the side of your TV is expecting an analog signal but HDMI only outputs a digital signal. Some people might say things like well DVI is digital and I can plug that into my analog monitor using a simple adapter DVI->VGA.. This is true only because DVI carries both the digital and the analog signal on the same cable. If you look at a DVI connector and see those 4 blades in a + off to the side of all the other pins... those are the RGB channels. You might ask why I am telling youthis and it is because the DVI connection on the back of your computer is formatted exactly the same as the signal for HDMI all you need to do it take the pins put them in the right order and change the end to fit HDMI port. Difference being no audio unless you have a good graphics card.

The HDMI spec does not carry the analog signal like th eDVI spec allows for. So unless you buy something like togardergrosse has mentioned that will convert a digital signal to analog for you there is no little adapter you can buy that will convert it for you.
    I have an HDTV that is about six years old. It has a the following inputs: DVI, VGA, RCA component, and S-video. It also has another input that I'm not sure what it is. It looks like VGA, but only has two rows of pin holes--five on the top row and four on the bottom row. What would be the best way to hook up my PlayBook to this TV?
    02-23-12 01:10 AM
    I have an HDTV that is about six years old. It has a the following inputs: DVI, VGA, RCA component, and S-video. It also has another input that I'm not sure what it is. It looks like VGA, but only has two rows of pin holes--five on the top row and four on the bottom row. What would be the best way to hook up my PlayBook to this TV?
    You'd need to go the route of the hdmi->dvi which although very similar (and usually compatible) may still not quite work. That 9pin connector is RS232 (Serial) and is most likely there for a technician to hook into for diagnostics or firmware updating.
    TruthTeller likes this.
    02-23-12 09:18 AM
    Would I be able to find one cable with the the appropriate plug on each end, or would I need adapters? And where would be the best place to find what I need?
    03-02-12 09:36 PM
    Duct Tape
    03-02-12 09:43 PM
    Would I be able to find one cable with the the appropriate plug on each end, or would I need adapters? And where would be the best place to find what I need?
    Google is a great place to start.
    03-02-12 09:54 PM
    03-02-12 09:58 PM
    A cable won't do it, you need the converter which requires some calculations.. hence a box
    03-02-12 10:31 PM
    DealExtreme: HDMI to Composite S-video converter

One would still need the appropriate cables too.
    03-03-12 06:49 AM
    PS: I agree with the previous suggestions that the money should be put towards a new TV.
    03-03-12 06:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD