Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27
Like Tree2Likes
  1. evilkokonut's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default How do we change BlackBerry ID without security wipe?

    I have a playbook on 4869 that I want to change the blackberry ID on. I don't want to security wipe because I will e forced to upgrade. Is there a way to change the blackberry ID without wiping and being forced to upgrade?
  2. robsteve's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,479 Posts
    #2  

    Default

    No, security wipe is the only way.
  3. determined61's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    53 Posts
    PIN
    ask
    #3  

    Default

    You might try to change it by going to BlackBerry ID

    https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/home
  4. guerllamo7's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    897 Posts
    Global Posts
    898 Global Posts
    #4  

    Default

    I'm sorry but I don't believe you can without a wipe. Going forward one thing you may consider is creating some e-mail account such as: BBPB0001@gmail.com and never use it for anything else.
    When you do this, you can pass the playbook to someone else and not worry about having to wipe it. The benefit is that the new user (family member or friend) can enjoy all the stuff you got in it. Security wipe would be unnecessary.

    Just a thought.
    My BlackBerry. Just love it, love it, love it.
    Just Me likes this.
  5. irsan's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    155 Posts
    #5  

    Default

    Change BB ID is not needed to wipe, but if u want to use it in appworld, you have to wipe it. 1 BBID active for 1 user only
    Thanked by:
    Scotter75 (04-21-2013) 
    Scotter75 likes this.
  6. PBfanatic's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    138 Posts
    #6  

    Default Yes You Can

    Quote Originally Posted by evilkokonut View Post
    I have a playbook on 4869 that I want to change the blackberry ID on. I don't want to security wipe because I will e forced to upgrade. Is there a way to change the blackberry ID without wiping and being forced to upgrade?
    Go to settings>BBID> tap the pencil icon to edit BBid

    a message will prompt asking if you want to migrate your apps from previous BBID to new BBid, then press yes

    thats it
  7. evilkokonut's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

    Default

    thanks I had tried earlier to change the blackberry ID with the pencil edit and it kept saying the password was wrong. I didn't know you could change the email address on the blackberry id either. I don't care about abandoning the account because I haven't bought anything on app world with the account yet. Thanks guys time to sell this playbook to someone who wants root since I have another new playbook with the latest OS on it.

    Now I can secure wipe my new playbook to put the new blackberry ID on it. Another question, since I installed android market on the playbook how would I go about removing that account?

    -edit got it
    ssh into the playbook and followed these steps

    2. Explore to /data/system/ and find this file : accounts.db
    3. Delete that file (accounts.db)
    4. Reboot your Android device.
    5. Walla…you can register another account
    Last edited by evilkokonut; 04-27-2012 at 12:01 AM.
  8. PBfanatic's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    138 Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evilkokonut View Post
    thanks I had tried earlier to change the blackberry ID with the pencil edit and it kept saying the password was wrong. I didn't know you could change the email address on the blackberry id either. I don't care about abandoning the account because I haven't bought anything on app world with the account yet. Thanks guys time to sell this playbook to someone who wants root since I have another new playbook with the latest OS on it.

    Now I can secure wipe my new playbook to put the new blackberry ID on it. Another question, since I installed android market on the playbook how would I go about removing that account?

    -edit got it
    ssh into the playbook and followed these steps

    2. Explore to /data/system/ and find this file : accounts.db
    3. Delete that file (accounts.db)
    4. Reboot your Android device.
    5. Walla…you can register another account
    Make sure that your new blackberry id that you are using is an active email account, if you're using example@yahoo.com make sure that it is active yahoo account else you will received error message such as 'wrong password' or 'user name already in use by other user'
  9. evilkokonut's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PBfanatic View Post
    Make sure that your new blackberry id that you are using is an active email account, if you're using example@yahoo.com make sure that it is active yahoo account else you will received error message such as 'wrong password' or 'user name already in use by other user'
    yeah I made a new gmail account just as a dummy account for this playbook. I have this playbook listed on marketplace now since I didn't want to waste a playbook that still had root on 4869. I'm now using my new playbook with 2.0.1
    Last edited by evilkokonut; 04-27-2012 at 12:28 AM.
  10. RNCracker's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    39 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Security wipe is not needed. All you need to do is login in to your bbid on blackberry.com, change it in your account and your devices will auto update in a few minutes. Tried it wth a friend last week and it worked like a charm. Totally painless!
  11. eds817's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,365 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,604 Global Posts
    PIN
    295E4D69
    #11  

    Default

    You definitely DO NOT have to wipe a device in order to change your BBID.

    You can go here and log in with your current BBID then click on Account Details then Details - Edit and change your email address. Or you can do it on the PlayBook or BB device.
    New York Yankees
    It's Hard To Be Humble
    Thanked by:
    TheScionicMan (03-29-2013) 
  12. robsteve's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,479 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EdS817 View Post
    You definitely DO NOT have to wipe a device in order to change your BBID.

    You can go here and log in with your current BBID then click on Account Details then Details - Edit and change your email address. Or you can do it on the PlayBook or BB device.
    That just changes the email associated with the BBID, not the BBID. To associate the PlayBook with a new BBID account, you need to security wipe. The BBID has another unique identifier associated with it, like an account number, that we do not have access to, the security wipe allows you to change the actuall account, not just the email.

    For example if your BBID was me@gmail.com and you had used this on you phone and Playbook and purchased apps, if you changed it to newuser@gmail.com(by editing the BBID email using the PlayBook or the web site) , all your purchased apps plus the control of your phones BBID will be transferred to the new email account. If newuser then changes the password, you could get locked out of your phone the next time you need to enter your BBID password.
    Last edited by robsteve; 04-27-2012 at 08:13 AM.
  13. evilkokonut's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robsteve View Post
    That just changes the email associated with the BBID, not the BBID. To associate the PlayBook with a new BBID account, you need to security wipe. The BBID has another unique identifier associated with it, like an account number, that we do not have access to, the security wipe allows you to change the actuall account, not just the email.

    For example if your BBID was me@gmail.com and you had used this on you phone and Playbook and purchased apps, if you changed it to newuser@gmail.com(by editing the BBID email using the PlayBook or the web site) , all your purchased apps plus the control of your phones BBID will be transferred to the new email account. If newuser then changes the password, you could get locked out of your phone the next time you need to enter your BBID password.
    yeah thats fine I didn't purchase any apps on this account anyways
  14. Vasil Papukchiev's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    just go to your email and open the message from ,,donotreply@blackberry.com'' . Then scroll down and when you see ,,delete this BlackBerry ID'' tap on it.Then just tap again confirm. That will delete your BB ID.
  15. morello123's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #15  

    Default

    Hi I used my blackberry I.d on a friends phone and now we both share the same blackberry I.d , I've triEd changing it but it'll just change in mine also and my bbm contacts will also be switched to his phone pls how do I rectify this issue help me.thanks
  16. #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by morello123 View Post
    Hi I used my blackberry I.d on a friends phone and now we both share the same blackberry I.d , I've triEd changing it but it'll just change in mine also and my bbm contacts will also be switched to his phone pls how do I rectify this issue help me.thanks
    Did either of you do a Security Wipe and then when establishing the BBID enter a new one?
  17. xocox's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    #17  

    Default

    Just remove .COD files related to ID then re-install them
  18. tedward_ca's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    3 Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robsteve View Post
    That just changes the email associated with the BBID, not the BBID. To associate the PlayBook with a new BBID account, you need to security wipe. The BBID has another unique identifier associated with it, like an account number, that we do not have access to, the security wipe allows you to change the actuall account, not just the email.

    For example if your BBID was me@gmail.com and you had used this on you phone and Playbook and purchased apps, if you changed it to newuser@gmail.com(by editing the BBID email using the PlayBook or the web site) , all your purchased apps plus the control of your phones BBID will be transferred to the new email account. If newuser then changes the password, you could get locked out of your phone the next time you need to enter your BBID password.
    That's good so far but how do I change the bbid password when I'm repeatedly asked for it? My parent's pb keeps asking and not accepting the answer. When we go to change the password the reply email was blank and useless.

    There was another thread but no resolution from November 2012.

    Thanks,
  19. gabrielacepariu's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #19  

    Default How to stop a security wipe in process?

    Hey guys, i need your help. I have started a security wipe and then realized that i haven't transferred my pictures. Is there a (secret) way to stop the process and hopefully save some of those pics? I have removed the battery but when i insert it again the process starts all over and there is no cancel button. Pease help! Thanks a lot! Gabriela
  20. BergerKing's Avatar

    Posts
    30,584 Posts
    Global Posts
    31,838 Global Posts
    PIN
    By request.
    #20  

    Default

    No, once a security wipe starts, it will finish the process. If it could be stopped, it wouldn't be very secure. I hope you had things backed up another way.
    Report Button, not just for the bad things!
    Devices: SPH-A620/VGA 1000, Sanyo Katana, BlackBerry 8330, 9630, 9670, MB855 Photon, SPH-L710 Galaxy SIII. SPH-L720 Galaxy S4
    Bacon is duct tape for food!
  21. #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gabrielacepariu View Post
    Hey guys, i need your help. I have started a security wipe and then realized that i haven't transferred my pictures. Is there a (secret) way to stop the process and hopefully save some of those pics? I have removed the battery but when i insert it again the process starts all over and there is no cancel button. Pease help! Thanks a lot! Gabriela
    Obviously, you are talking about a bb phone (where battery can be removed) and this is a playbook forum.

    I'm not sure if you can stop the process for the phone. I believe that the phone's can be started in SAFE Mode but don't recall the process. But, also, which phone do you have?

    And good luck (and welcome to Crackberry)
  22. gabrielacepariu's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #22  

    Default

    nop i haven't saved anything..

    sorry i didn't realize this was only for playbooks, thanks a lot anyway guys, still hope i can figure somthing out

    it's a blackberry curve, i tried to open it in safe mode but it doesn't work, the wiping process starts all over again
  23. #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gabrielacepariu View Post
    nop i haven't saved anything..

    sorry i didn't realize this was only for playbooks, thanks a lot anyway guys, still hope i can figure somthing out

    it's a blackberry curve, i tried to open it in safe mode but it doesn't work, the wiping process starts all over again
    I think you may be out of luck. You can check in the Curve Subforum and see if anybody's got ideas:

    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...360-9350-f237/
  24. axllebeer's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,781 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,055 Global Posts
    PIN
    797F4953 Tab 3
    #24  

    Default

    To start up any BB7 or older phone, after replacing the battery after the red light goes out press and hold the back button and hold it through the entire reboot process. Then the phone will boot in safe mode.

    Incidentally I have no idea if this will enable you to recover anything after doing a security wipe and trying to stop that process.

    [/S]
    Quote Originally Posted by F2 View Post
    Obviously, you are talking about a bb phone (where battery can be removed) and this is a playbook forum.

    I'm not sure if you can stop the process for the phone. I believe that the phone's can be started in SAFE Mode but don't recall the process. But, also, which phone do you have?



    And good luck (and welcome to Crackberry)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How do we change BlackBerry ID without security wipe?-20130731_001241.jpg   How do we change BlackBerry ID without security wipe?-20130731_001210.jpg  
    Last edited by axllebeer; 07-30-2013 at 11:16 PM.
    Phone too slow? Then you need Flow.

    The World's Most Fabulous Crack-Droid!
    Thanked by:
    F2 (07-30-2013) 
  25. Matshebe Nelisa's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #25  

    Default

    Its was good to do this and easy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. "Original BlackBerry Phone" header on startup.
    By urskruz in forum BlackBerry Torch 9860/9850
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-02-2013, 09:49 AM
  2. What Z10 OS do You Have and How is it Working?
    By johnprague in forum BlackBerry 10 OS
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-30-2013, 12:22 PM
  3. Did BlackBerry pick the wrong version for the newest MR?
    By sinlessearth in forum BlackBerry Z10
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-30-2013, 11:28 AM
  4. Where are text messages saved? How long are they accessible?
    By NewPreKnox in forum BlackBerry Q10
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-30-2013, 11:10 AM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-30-2013, 10:56 AM

Posting Permissions