i downloaded the 2.0 beta version and i was just wondering how i can get to the android player and download their games.. im not sure if i can cause its the beta version. please let me know thank u
    10-19-11 04:49 PM
    Android player is there in OS 2.0 that you downloaded. There is no Icon for it on the PB.

There are loads of threads on here describing how to side load the apps which are also available on this forum.
    10-19-11 04:52 PM
    ok so how do i get to it.. do i have to type in a keyword in blackberry app world?
    10-19-11 04:53 PM
    ok so how do i get to it.. do i have to type in a keyword in blackberry app world?
    Perhaps the developer Beta isnt for you. Apps need to be repackaged before they run on the PlayBook, it is all seamless and you cannot just download any android app, just like that. In other words: Its useless until people repackage their apps or you repackage your own.
    10-19-11 06:06 PM
    No, once you side load an android app, that app's icon appears on your PB and is run in the android player when you select it. There is no "getting to" the android player.
    10-19-11 06:08 PM
    Is there any faster way than going through the arduous repackaging process? Can folks share repackaged files?
    10-19-11 07:18 PM
    Is there any faster way than going through the arduous repackaging process? Can folks share repackaged files?
    It's a developer preview. Repackaged files are "shared" by submitting them to AppWorld. The ability to download Android apps is not there because it's not a general public release.

That being said, if a .bar file is signed then it is possible to sideload it using the developer tools. Signing code you didn't write probably isn't advisable however, the whole point of signing is so they can trace legal responsibility for malicious code.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-11 08:13 PM

There are lots repacked and shared right here on CB.. look at the stickied andriod thread

Download DDPB and the apps you want off the shared list (many thanx to those that repacked and tested for us) and yer off to the races..

Normally RTFM would be appropriate but here at CB it's more like RTFS
    10-19-11 08:17 PM
    Signing code you didn't write probably isn't advisable however
    probably should be alot clearer.

pirating software is illegal. if you didnt write the app, dont convert it.
    10-19-11 08:21 PM
    probably should be alot clearer.

pirating software is illegal. if you didnt write the app, dont convert it.
    I wouldn't go that far. If the app is open source under an acceptable license you're definitely in the clear.

Repacking a proprietary app is a grey area. You're not making any modification to the app itself, just putting it in a zip file with some other files. If it's a free or legitimately obtained paid app and you repackage it for personal use I can't see the copyright holder having a case against you. But I also could see one trying, especially if you redistribute it (even if it was free).
    10-19-11 11:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD