Hi all.
    I just bought a new used PB 64 gig on ebay and don't want to take a chance if the person has some stuff on it. So I want to figure out how to wipe it clean like I do with my bb9930.

I'm excited to get it and the person says it's in mint condition. This will be my third PB in a few weeks.

Just need some steps and advice so when I get it I will be ready to use it.

Thanks
    02-11-13 06:08 AM
    Settings/Security/Security Wipe
    02-11-13 06:14 AM
    Do I need to do the back up on my desk top software and will all the icons and factory down loaded stuff be there after?
    02-11-13 06:19 AM
    Don't think you want to back anything up if you want to get rid of any previous info. Security wipe brings it to out of box, factory. Not sure but you may have to upgrade the OS again if that is the case. LOL, never had to do one.
    How to Wipe the OS on a BlackBerry PlayBook | CrackBerry.com
    02-11-13 07:00 AM
    I put a password on my PlayBook for additional security. Then I forgot my password... 10 minutes from when I added it to the PlayBook.
    Did the 10 tries and it wiped all information, saying Data wipe on the screen.
    After the data wipe completed the software update needed to be re-installed.
    There was nothing on my PlayBook.
    The apps were there, just as the day you pulled the new BB PlayBook out of the box.
    02-11-13 10:34 PM
    I put a password on my PlayBook for additional security. Then I forgot my password... 10 minutes from when I added it to the PlayBook.
    Did the 10 tries and it wiped all information, saying Data wipe on the screen.
    After the data wipe completed the software update needed to be re-installed.
    There was nothing on my PlayBook.
    The apps were there, just as the day you pulled the new BB PlayBook out of the box.
    Thanks for re-confirming what some folks refuse to believe - if you forget your password (or someone tries "breaking" in), the pb will wipe all data after a set number of attempts.

Of course, if a kid or enemy does it and you don't have a relatively complete backup of unique data (photos, videos, voice notes, whatever), it could be a real mess.
    02-12-13 07:42 AM