How do I rest my playbook?
Hi I'm planning on selling my playbook and I was wondering how to reset it so that I remove all of my personal data. If I do a security swipe will that take it back to factory settings?
Thanks in advance
- 07-15-2012, 07:00 PM #3
You can do a double. Under the GEAR, go to Security and then do a security wipe.
Then you could follow with a debrick if you don't trust the first method.
Try the Debrick method....
Perform a backup of your pb if you can using Desktop Manager or, at least, manually coping any unique data, photos, voice recordings, documents, etc.
1) Turn your playbook OFF by holding down the power button
2) Let your playbook sit for about 10 minutes as earlier suggested.
3) After letting the PB sit (and still powered off) open up the Blackberry Desktop Software (the latest version)
4) Once the Blackberry Desktop Software is opened, use the USB Cable and hook the PB to the PC.. THEN power on the Playbook
5) A screen will show on your computer showing that the device cannot be found
6) Click on Update. It will take awhile
Thanks for all of the help. If I do a security wipe can I update the OS without putting in my Blackberry ID? I would like to get it ready to sell but I don't want to put my ID back in once I wipe it.
I plan on selling it because I just don't find that I am using it enough.
- 07-15-2012, 08:31 PM #8
Actually, I don't remember but I think BBID is part of the debrick/OS-reload process. Security Wipe should do it. After the security wipe, see if your apps are there or in UNinstalled in appworld.
Maybe someone else who has cleaned one out can reply.
- CrackBerry User
07-15-2012, 10:02 PM #9
- 20 Posts
I've recently wiped my 16GB. Upon starting it back up, I had to update the OS and DID NOT have to use my BB ID. Incidentally, I wiped it so my wife could start from scratch. None of my info remains on it.