How do I get my Pics from a camera or my Mac onto the Playbook. The Desktop for Playbook using the Mac wont be ready until Summer according to RIM. Can I just use a usb cord to the Playbook and get them off of my camera?
    05-15-11 08:20 AM
    Use wi fi file transfer and drag the photos to folders.
    05-15-11 08:49 AM
    I think I read that you can still connect the PlayBook to the mac as a disk drive and you can drop and drag files into the pictures folder.
    05-15-11 11:10 AM
    I cannot seem to get either method to work.
    05-15-11 08:45 PM
    I have a MacBook Pro and can move files via WiFi and USB. Make sure you have both File Sharing and Wi-Fi Sharing ON in the PlayBook Storage & Sharing settings. I also have my USB Connections set to Automatically Detect. I usually use the WiFi method, but I just tried the USB connection and it worked; just took a couple of minutes to show.
    05-15-11 09:19 PM
    What is the code that you type in snb://playbook? Is this correct?
    05-16-11 12:18 AM
    i believe its:

\\playbookname

or

\\playbooks ip address
    05-16-11 12:49 AM
    What is the code that you type in snb://playbook? Is this correct?
    First, make sure that in your Options > Storage & Sharing that both File Sharing and Wi-Fi Sharing is set to ON. Take note of the Tablet Network Name and Username under Network Identification (I suggest you change both of those values from the default. It will save your some headaches).

Then, on your Mac, expand the Go menu and select Connect to Server... (or simply do ⌘K while in Finder). Then type the following:

Code:
    smb://TabletNetworkName/media
    Replacing TabletNetworkName with the name previously noted. When prompted, type the Username previously noted and if you have password protection on, your password.

If this doesn't work, navigate to Options > About, select Network in the dropdown and note the IPv4 address (or IPv6 if your network supports it). Replace TabletNetworkName with the noted address.
    Last edited by FineWolf; 05-16-11 at 01:01 AM.
    sleepngbear likes this.
    05-16-11 12:58 AM
    Thanks all and FineWolf, that worked and I am up and running. WOW this Playbook is fantastic. I think it will be a real work horse.
    05-16-11 01:17 AM
    First, make sure that in your Options > Storage & Sharing that both File Sharing and Wi-Fi Sharing is set to ON. Take note of the Tablet Network Name and Username under Network Identification (I suggest you change both of those values from the default. It will save your some headaches).

Then, on your Mac, expand the Go menu and select Connect to Server... (or simply do ⌘K while in Finder). Then type the following:

Code:
    smb://TabletNetworkName/media
    Replacing TabletNetworkName with the name previously noted. When prompted, type the Username previously noted and if you have password protection on, your password.

If this doesn't work, navigate to Options > About, select Network in the dropdown and note the IPv4 address (or IPv6 if your network supports it). Replace TabletNetworkName with the noted address.
    Thanks much. A bit of a pain in the arse (at least the first time for the uninformed such as myself), but it works.

Question: Since the PB doesn't show up as an actual drive in the Finder Device list to 'Eject', are there any additional steps to take before physically disconnecting the USB cable?
    05-22-11 06:41 PM
    18to12...

In Windows, all you do is pull out the cable. Apparently, Rim designed it so it does not get "safely removed" in Windows either. I really like wifi-sharing since no cable is required and I don't have to sweat whether you can sincerely just pull out the intravenous line!
    05-22-11 07:03 PM
    18to12...

In Windows, all you do is pull out the cable. Apparently, Rim designed it so it does not get "safely removed" in Windows either. I really like wifi-sharing since no cable is required and I don't have to sweat whether you can sincerely just pull out the intravenous line!
    Yeah, the WiFi sharing is pretty nice. I did the connect-to-network thing without plugging in an there it was. At that point I knew there's nothing else to do when you're done but close the window and walk away. Not the most intuitive way to connect, but thankfully we have some knowledgeable and helpful people on this board to walk the rest of us through it.
    05-22-11 09:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD