You may be right but instead of newbie I see the first post and a question like that when the forums were packed with threads of complaint on the very issue........and I see troll.
    Andy_uk50 likes this.
    01-30-13 09:19 PM
    You may be right but instead of newbie I see the first post and a question like that when the forums were packed with threads of complaint on the very issue........and I see troll.
    I just think the OP was under the impression that the BB10 launch meant the operating system would be ready for the Playbook right away.
    01-30-13 09:23 PM
    Could be. Perhaps I need to consider this posibility first. It would also be helpful if people read first before starting a thread but that likely won't happen either.
    Andy_uk50 likes this.
    01-30-13 09:58 PM
    I feel newbies to our forums are not newbies to forums in general. all suffer from the same problem. do not read the current topics or search first. come on people!
    01-30-13 10:20 PM
    Lets keep it going...
    Attached Thumbnails How do I load BB10 to my PlayBook?-epic_facepalm.jpg   How do I load BB10 to my PlayBook?-183434_166560253393289_119617241420924_308971_1486864_n.jpg   How do I load BB10 to my PlayBook?-3pc7cf.jpg   How do I load BB10 to my PlayBook?-sextuple_facepalm.png  
    Tsaishen likes this.
    01-30-13 10:35 PM
    The Pink Floyd one is the best!!
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    01-30-13 10:44 PM
    I can't stop...
    Attached Thumbnails How do I load BB10 to my PlayBook?-68352200.jpg  
    01-30-13 10:51 PM
    Ya like the OP should ah seen the thread that started with, "No BB10 for PB but..." , then continues with some chatter about a greedy corporate entity called the 'nhl' !!?

ehhhh !? nite
    01-30-13 10:52 PM
    Aww...I feel bad for the OP...he or she is a newbie....there was another thread on how we shouldn't scare anyone away and just try to be helpful...to the OP...the update was not released yet for the Playbook although it was confirmed it will get it...no timeframe was given.
    Ahh,

I'm glad someone was nice to the OP... Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy
    Barljo likes this.
    01-31-13 05:05 AM
    Ahh,

I'm glad someone was nice to the OP... Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy
    Ah, do I sense a hint of sarcasm there?

Really, all one person had to do is answer the question and just ignore the thread unless the OP responded with another question. I see a troll as to someone really trying to start trouble. The question did not seem to scream "troll" to me and it was not mean in nature either. Although I do understand why you would "facepalm" the OP, most people (newbies like me) usually run on the boards, ask a question on their mind and do not navigate the boards first. That is why someone else opened a thread about trying to be helpful and not scare them away. Eventually they could be a good contributor to the boards if we allow them to. I really try to play nice, no reason for me not to, unless I am provoked to such a degree and someone personally degraded my integrity here.
    seamonky likes this.
    01-31-13 05:52 AM
    I tweeted Blackberry help last night before I went to bed and woke up this morning saying that BB10 for the Playbook will arriving today!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    01-31-13 06:01 AM
    [QUOTE=phil8715;7910995]I tweeted Blackberry help last night before I went to bed and woke up this morning saying that BB10 for the Playbook will arriving today!!
    i really hope that is true, not feeling it though, i think it will more likely be March/April
    01-31-13 08:42 AM
    wafa510, I agree with you. I generally don't even notice whether someone is new or not, but in this case I did spot the '1 post' history.
    But you have to admit, it's kinda hard to imagine someone comes to a forum, just signs up and posts a question without even a glance down the existing topics? (let alone doing a search).
    Any forum I've ever joined, I've spent at least some time lurking, searching, reading past posts, etc before posting.
    nappp likes this.
    01-31-13 08:46 AM
    wafa510, I agree with you. I generally don't even notice whether someone is new or not, but in this case I did spot the '1 post' history.
    But you have to admit, it's kinda hard to imagine someone comes to a forum, just signs up and posts a question without even a glance down the existing topics? (let alone doing a search).
    Any forum I've ever joined, I've spent at least some time lurking, searching, reading past posts, etc before posting.
    exactly what I was saying. most are not new to forums. I would take a bet that they even read the forums before signing up for an account. sorry end rant. face palm away!
    01-31-13 04:52 PM
    Ah, do I sense a hint of sarcasm there?

Really, all one person had to do is answer the question and just ignore the thread unless the OP responded with another question. I see a troll as to someone really trying to start trouble. The question did not seem to scream "troll" to me and it was not mean in nature either. Although I do understand why you would "facepalm" the OP, most people (newbies like me) usually run on the boards, ask a question on their mind and do not navigate the boards first. That is why someone else opened a thread about trying to be helpful and not scare them away. Eventually they could be a good contributor to the boards if we allow them to. I really try to play nice, no reason for me not to, unless I am provoked to such a degree and someone personally degraded my integrity here.

You are just too lovely

The face palm thing was funny the first couple of times on this site. Long long before this thread. Move on and come up with something else that is makes us laugh
    01-31-13 05:49 PM
    forst week of february it'll start roling out to pb
    01-31-13 06:35 PM
    believe it or not I've decided not to upgrade right away when it rolls out. going read about any bugs or issues first. I love my pb just the way she is right now. no rush for me
    01-31-13 06:59 PM
    Maybe you are right...but since there was not much concrete evidence of WHEN BB10 is coming to the playbook...maybe he/she took the launch as a sign that BB10 would be on the Playbook the same day. Really my point is to just answer the OP and move on without scaring them off.
    01-31-13 07:17 PM
    Give the bloke a break. He/she expects a launch event to mean a real launch. Just cause we're all long time cynics and have played the waiting game a while doesn't mean we should pile on the rookie.
    01-31-13 07:35 PM
44 12