- CrackBerry Addict
- 684 Posts
how do i know if the playbook is Charging
i borrowed a playbook when i press the power nub it blinks red then green about 3 time and does not turn on, does it need to charge i plug in my blackberry charger but not seeing any sign of it charging
so how to get it to charge and turn on
- 12-16-12, 08:55 AM #7
Re: how do i know if the playbook is Charging
First, try plugging it in to a wall outlet (not a computer) and let it charge overnight. After that, try holding the power button in for 5 seconds and see if it tries to power up.
If it all won't power up, try stack charging. Plug it in for two minutes, unplug for ten seconds, plug back in, repeat, repeat, repeat... Try stack charging about 20 times and see if the red charging light will finally stay on. If it does, let it continue to charge on its own for a few hours before trying to turn in on again.
Another thing to try is holding the volume + and volume - buttons, then press the power button.
- 12-16-12, 10:48 AM #8
As an experiment, I just plugged my 32gig into a motorola charger. Battery Guru is showing "usb wall" and a charge of approx .44Watts. I don't see much of an upward blip if any. I'll leave it alone for a while and see what happens. I would imagine if I left the screen go off, it might go up but the screen may be using more power than it is getting from the charger at the moment.
Edited to add: Leaving the unit to enter standby, the charge from this wall wart was 2.xx when I quickly brought it out of standby but dove back to only .37Watts. The unit went from 65% to 70% battery.
Last edited by F2; 12-16-12 at 11:14 AM.
- By adolfusas in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 14Last Post: 01-18-09, 10:19 AM
- By SarahBara9196 in forum IntroductionsReplies: 4Last Post: 11-24-08, 11:55 PM
- By Bold1 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 28Last Post: 10-24-08, 08:25 AM
- By PsychedelicWonders in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 4Last Post: 09-15-08, 07:06 PM
- By mr.madison in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 3Last Post: 10-25-07, 04:20 PM