Yesterday, I made the mistake of putting a noodle soup container next to my Playbook in a bag, under the impression that the container was almost impossible to leak. Boy, was I wrong. The thing leaked and not only did it soak my Playbook, it got between the crevices, drowning the whole thing in soup. Now the Playbook will neither turn on nor will the light turn red. There is still oil and water in the space between the touch surface and the screen that will not come out due to capillary forces.

How exactly can I fix a waterlogged or "oillogged" Playbook? I have seen ways to fix waterlogged smartphones with rice and "oillogged" phones with distilled water, but they call for the battery to be removed, something that you cannot do with Playbooks, in which removing batteries is even harder than removing the motherboard.

Please, no snarky remarks and stuff like "Wow, you're an *****" or "You brought this upon yourself". I know and already accept that.
    02-28-15 05:26 PM
    If you want to get it right, most likely you need to open it up and clean the board and internals, and get the moisture out of the device.
    You may follow ifixit guide at https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Blac...+Teardown/5265

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 05:35 PM
    Your best bet is to buy a new PlayBook. You can get them for dirt cheap nowadays. The repair costs won't be worth it.