Why do I have the feeling the OP will not be back?
    Because they took my previous advice seriously and thought they'd do their part for population control...
    elibohnert and antiRIM like this.
    11-02-12 03:22 PM
    Why do I have the feeling the OP will not be back?
    I think he was kidnapped by the CEO of RIM. They have ways of making him talk!
    11-02-12 03:36 PM
    Ummm...for another $1,000 you can purchase an unlimited liability never expire warranty from RIM.
    It covers stupid human errors like - coffee spills, dropping in toilet, cat scratches, dropping on floor, baby puke...etc..

Hmm...I like this idea....ding ding!
    Well its not never expire but I took out the $129 warranty from RIM which covers accidental damage and phone support for 2 years. Was worth it at the time on a $550 device as I bought at first price drop. If I was buying device at $150 or whatever it is I'd just take my chances.
    11-02-12 03:45 PM
    Fly to Waterloo, catch a bus to RIM headquarters, pull out bottle of gasoline and douse oneself in said fluid, pull out zippo, light zippo - self-immolate. Get attention, get action. Or die trying...
    let the ACTION start there
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    11-02-12 03:49 PM
    Hmmm lets see...oh its a troll in troll's clothing...bwa ha ha! Never saw that coming.
    11-02-12 03:56 PM
    sounds like you were "holding it wrong"! I can't believe you wasted valuable moments of your life to write this
    e
    11-02-12 03:57 PM
    Ummm...for another $1,000 you can purchase an unlimited liability never expire warranty from RIM.
    It covers stupid human errors like - coffee spills, dropping in toilet, cat scratches, dropping on floor, baby puke...etc..

Hmm...I like this idea....ding ding!
    You just gave me the perfect start-up business and the USD1000 warranty coverage will only cover one claim afterwhich the client's policy will be terminated due to high risk policy holder. Excellent! Anyone interested in this warranty coverage please address enquiries to [email protected] or dial 1-666-YOU-FOOL.
    Barljo, Kandoo-BB and Mecca EL like this.
    11-02-12 04:04 PM
    You just gave me the perfect start-up business and the USD1000 warranty coverage will only cover one claim afterwhich the client's policy will be terminated due to high risk policy holder. Excellent! Anyone interested in this warranty coverage please address enquiries to [email protected] or dial 1-666-YOU-FOOL.
    You could sell the coverage as an app.
    11-02-12 04:07 PM
    Well its not never expire but I took out the $129 warranty from RIM which covers accidental damage and phone support for 2 years. Was worth it at the time on a $550 device as I bought at first price drop. If I was buying device at $150 or whatever it is I'd just take my chances.
    Yep, I bought the same policy for CAD129.00, if I recall, shortly after my April 2011 purchase of a 16GB WiFi BlackBerry PlayBook @ CAD499.99.
    11-02-12 04:07 PM
    I hope you reach him. Here is the map of HQ: LINK

You're on the right track. Your best bet is to go outside their HQ in Waterloo, whine like a baby, stomp your feet, and act like you're entitled to something. That way, he's bound to respond.
    elibohnert likes this.
    11-02-12 04:10 PM
    Given the responses, I am sure the OP will never come back to CB Forums...
    11-02-12 04:20 PM
    Sorry for your luck. I know that I'd be upset if I dropped mine! The limited warranty doesn't cover accidents like insurance would. Probably the best thing you could do is to get a new one. There are SO many great deals out there right now. I just got another one for $100. Good luck and get yourself a good protective case for the next one.
    richardat likes this.
    11-02-12 04:21 PM
    I'd buy a new one along with military grade otter box and just keep the broken one for parts. Good luck reaching Thorsten, he's been busy as of late traveling the world spreading the BlackBerry10 gospel.
    11-02-12 04:29 PM
    Oh dear -.- people like this are the FIRST people to complain about bad service from rim etc...
    If you are serious about bb , you should not be posting this .
    Best warranty story i heard this year ! Keep up the wishfull thinking.
    11-02-12 04:31 PM
    I drop my Playbook while playing a game and now my PlayBook has chips on the back cover and on the front upper corner.
    Suck it up buttercup. You inflicted the damage.
    11-03-12 01:45 AM
40 12