I have limited warranty for my PlayBook and good for one year. I drop my Playbook while playing a game and now my PlayBook has chips on the back cover and on the front upper corner. My screen is scratch too. I call customer service from USA and the man told me that I need to pay $100 for my screen and the limited warranty cover if my camera was not working etc. This other man I spoke to few weeks ago told me that limited warranty cover for accidents if I drop my playbook etc. I feel like I was screw over. I try to contact headquarters in Canada and the woman just switch me to complaint line. I just want RIM to replace my Playbook or fix the problem without charging me. Can anyone tell me how I can fix this problem. Thanks!!

Gwendolyn
    11-02-12 01:53 PM
    :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
    11-02-12 01:54 PM
    You can't be serious. You want to hold someone else accountable for your mistake?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    11-02-12 01:54 PM
    Someone left the gate open!!!!!!
    11-02-12 01:57 PM
    You should READ the terms of your warranty, they should be in your box.
    11-02-12 01:57 PM
    Here is the E-mail of the C.E.O : Dontbullsh***[email protected]
    11-02-12 02:00 PM
    I really don't think it covers accidental damage. If your camera had stopped working for no reason, than it would be hardware failure and you'd be covered. But not due to a drop. Chips and dents are also not covered by warranty.

That said, the CEO has better things to do than listen to such complaints. Like, making sure the next batch of devices is launched on time and tell company doesn't sink... Stuff like that.

They say you catch more flies with honey... You could call again and see if you can talk to them about dropping the fee.

Really sorry you dropped your PB (I've been there! I know the fright it is!), consider getting a protective case (but stick to OEM or very known brands like OtterBox) and welcome to the forums.
    alan510 likes this.
    11-02-12 02:00 PM
    Lol, is this a joke?
    drjay868 likes this.
    11-02-12 02:12 PM
    Lol, is this a joke?
    hahaha it is pretty funny though
    11-02-12 02:17 PM
    Ok, let me get this straight, because I think I'm missing something...

You want to chat with the CEO of a multi-billion dollar company because YOU dropped your PlayBook and YOU caused damage to it and that damage that YOU caused isn't covered by a limited waranty...... Errr okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy

Si.
    11-02-12 02:18 PM
    Damn gravity!!!!!!.......Thanks for breaking my Playbook Sir Isaac Newton!!!
    11-02-12 02:21 PM
    Fly to Waterloo, catch a bus to RIM headquarters, pull out bottle of gasoline and douse oneself in said fluid, pull out zippo, light zippo - self-immolate. Get attention, get action. Or die trying...
    11-02-12 02:26 PM
    Ummm...for another $1,000 you can purchase an unlimited liability never expire warranty from RIM.
    It covers stupid human errors like - coffee spills, dropping in toilet, cat scratches, dropping on floor, baby puke...etc..

Hmm...I like this idea....ding ding!
    james5521 likes this.
    11-02-12 02:26 PM
    Someone left the gate open!!!!!!
    Ahh sh1t sorry guys it was me. Ok who wants the keys?
    jakie55 and CommanderElvis like this.
    11-02-12 02:30 PM
    I have limited warranty for my PlayBook and good for one year. I drop my Playbook while playing a game and now my PlayBook has chips on the back cover and on the front upper corner. My screen is scratch too. I call customer service from USA and the man told me that I need to pay $100 for my screen and the limited warranty cover if my camera was not working etc. This other man I spoke to few weeks ago told me that limited warranty cover for accidents if I drop my playbook etc. I feel like I was screw over. I try to contact headquarters in Canada and the woman just switch me to complaint line. I just want RIM to replace my Playbook or fix the problem without charging me. Can anyone tell me how I can fix this problem. Thanks!!

Gwendolyn
    What the h3ll did you drop it on? A quagmire of boulders? While I feel your pain of having a damaged device, you can't seriously be pissed at RIM for your own clumsiness... That is like me getting into a car wreck (icy roads, BBM'ing while driving, etc.) and then calling up my car manufacturer to replace my car because it is "under warranty".

PS. If anything, you should be mad at yourself for not getting all wild and crazy with your PlayBook on carpet or a softer floor than the cement/asphalt you dropped it on.....or not having it secured in an Otterbox case.
    Last edited by mnhockeycoach99; 11-02-12 at 02:47 PM.
    11-02-12 02:34 PM
    See above post OP for the best analogy yet.
    rabidpilot likes this.
    11-02-12 02:38 PM
    Anyone know the email for the CEO at Ford, I drove my F150 into a tree and i am still under the warranty milage/time and the dealership won't fix it for free......
    11-02-12 02:40 PM
    Confusuius says..... a warranty is not a guarantee....
    FuzzyFish likes this.
    11-02-12 02:44 PM
    I'm sure the tree should be responsible to replace the vehicle. Irresponsible trees.......I'm pissed
    11-02-12 02:44 PM
    How do I contact CEO of RIM? I am pissed!!!-4.jpg

One does not simply contact the CEO of RIM.
    11-02-12 02:45 PM
    I like Sean Bean... Classy man.
    11-02-12 02:50 PM
    So you dropped your PB having fun and it's who's fault.
    elibohnert likes this.
    11-02-12 02:50 PM
    So according to op when my PlayBook is at 11 months, I can "accidentally" drop it from my roof and RIM will replace it with a new one!?!?

Awesome!!! All this time I thought the warranty only covered software or hardware defects that had nothing to do with my carelessness

I'm gonna go accidentally drive over my old 16 gig now so I can get a new one...brbHow do I contact CEO of RIM? I am pissed!!!-img_00000409.jpg
    11-02-12 03:01 PM
    Lol. "I dropped my PlayBook and it's banged up, I'm so pissed at the CEO of RIM for not replacing it for free!!"

Sounds pretty valid/logical/warranted....

Best of luck with your warranty claim. Let us know how it goes LOL
    elibohnert likes this.
    11-02-12 03:09 PM
    Why do I have the feeling the OP will not be back?
    11-02-12 03:17 PM
40 12