How did my screen make it past QA.

I didn't watch any movies on my playbook until yesterday.

I usually use it for email or play a game.

So at a completely black screen (credits) I saw a stuck pixel. I immediately go download Display Test and set my brightness to max and guess what.

Terrible light leakage on the right.

Over 20 dead/stuck pixels on the left.

ImageShack� - Online Photo and Video Hosting

ImageShack� - Online Photo and Video Hosting
    Last edited by tebore; 03-11-12 at 05:48 PM.
    03-11-12 05:45 PM
    Try this; it should work, especially after watching the process for a full minute. After, you deifnitely won't be seeing any pixels, dead, stuck, or otherwise.

[YT]youtube.com/watch?v=n4GMxFsFv0M[/YT]
    Goldwing07 and nickbettschen like this.
    03-11-12 05:52 PM
    Nope. I did it all night last night before I called RIM for an RMA this morning.

Either way it wouldn't fix the terrible light bleed.
    03-11-12 05:58 PM
    Return it, it's the best thing you can do to fix these problems.
    03-11-12 06:03 PM
    Nope. I did it all night last night before I called RIM for an RMA this morning.

Either way it wouldn't fix the terrible light bleed.
    At least you tried ... Glad you were able to call RIMM and got the RMA.
    03-11-12 06:21 PM
    They don't test every component and every device. They take samplings. Fully testing every device is just not how QA is done. That's why there's a warranty - to cover any problems that get through.
    Barljo likes this.
    03-11-12 06:53 PM
    They don't test every component and every device. They take samplings. Fully testing every device is just not how QA is done. That's why there's a warranty - to cover any problems that get through.
    Detailed testing of 3 million+ devices would take a looooooong time. I'd feel bad for the guy doing it. Worse than peeling potatos
    03-11-12 08:30 PM
    Detailed testing of 3 million+ devices would take a looooooong time. I'd feel bad for the guy doing it. Worse than peeling potatos
    Yeah I'm pretty sure that if I had a job like that I fear I would end up shooting myself in the head in the end...
    03-11-12 10:39 PM
    Try this; it should work, especially after watching the process for a full minute. After, you deifnitely won't be seeing any pixels, dead, stuck, or otherwise.

Click to view quoted video
    I'm blind! I'm blind! There should be a warning with that video.
    03-12-12 12:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD