Hi there - My BB 8900 is bridged to my Playbook. The BB 8900 had an unused email account with an associated empty folder. After some searching I've deleted this unused email account folder from the BB but it still appears on the PB (Messages, tap the 'down' arrow to display email accounts).
    Any ideas on how to delete this unwanted email account from the PB?
    Any help appreciated!
    01-19-12 10:10 AM
    Found this, maybe you still have a cical or MMIME service book on your phone. Since the account must be coming from the device, it's worth a shot.

To delete the mail account follow this steps

1- go to menu, options, advanced options, service books, look for the 2 service books with your mail account, one with CICAL and another one with CMIME and delete both.

2- with the phone turn on, take out the battery for 30 seconds and install the battery again.
    01-19-12 10:20 AM
    Hi there - My BB 8900 is bridged to my Playbook. The BB 8900 had an unused email account with an associated empty folder. After some searching I've deleted this unused email account folder from the BB but it still appears on the PB (Messages, tap the 'down' arrow to display email accounts).
    Any ideas on how to delete this unwanted email account from the PB?
    Any help appreciated!
    Do you intend to delete the 'folder' or the 'complete account'.

For the folder as it seems you have already tired doing in on the BB and it still seems to show on your PB. Do a restart of your PB and also reboot your BB (do a battery pull on it). It should solve that problem. If it dosent then you need to do a reboot of the PB too- do a hard reset= hold down the power and +/- volume buttons (all three at the same time) for 10 seconds, let the PB restart and see if it solves the issue.

About deleting your email account itself- you will have to do it on the BB and then do the following steps as described above to get it refreshed on your PB.
    email deleting on your BB: go to the setup in your BB, click on the email setup--- the list of email accounts will be shown---- click on the email account you want to delete---- click the option key on your BB----- hit delete.... thats it. Don't forget to reboot the BB phone and also restart/reboot your PB.

Good luck
    01-19-12 10:20 AM
    Thanks for this. As I had deleted the folder on my BB all i needed to do was reboot th PB.
    Should have realised this!
    Thanks to all.
    01-19-12 03:12 PM
    Thanks for this. As I had deleted the folder on my BB all i needed to do was reboot th PB.
    Should have realised this!
    Thanks to all.
    Glad you got it fixed.
    01-19-12 03:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD