Is there method to safely delete factory installed app, such as Youtube and Bing map? youtube is not working at all. I am on OS 2.1.0.1917. Many thanks.
    01-24-17 07:38 AM
    I don't think you can delete Bing and if memory serves the Youtube is just a link to the browser?
    If you are familiar with side loading apps onto the playbook, you may be able to use the same browser extension for chrome to delete. Sorry I don't have my playbook with me to test it for you.
    01-24-17 08:12 AM
    I don't think you can delete Bing and if memory serves the Youtube is just a link to the browser?
    If you are familiar with side loading apps onto the playbook, you may be able to use the same browser extension for chrome to delete. Sorry I don't have my playbook with me to test it for you.
    thx. i guess i just have to leave them.
    01-24-17 11:01 AM
    Nope, Youtube is a native app.

A lot of those app are installed after an OS install. I believe you can use an autoloader to install PB OS, and when an update prompt appears, deny the update.

From there, though, you'd have to sideload other PB apps that you need; otherwise you'd only be able to use the browser.

An easier option is just tuck the unused apps away in a folder with the same name.

Posted via CB10
    stlabrat likes this.
    01-27-17 08:10 AM