i cant delete android player on my playbook, whenever i delete like other apps after rebooting the app come back, thanx
    Last edited by kariakoo; 07-22-11 at 09:26 AM.
    07-22-11 09:20 AM
    Try using the uninstall feature in the sideloading program you used

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-11 09:21 AM
    I tried to delete it using DDPB but it didn't work. Doing a security wipe now.
    07-22-11 12:42 PM
    I did a complete re-install using desktop manager to clean everything off. She be clean after that
    07-22-11 01:48 PM
    Is it confirmed the security wipe is the only way to get rid of this? Or possible the ADB in command prompt?
    07-22-11 02:47 PM
    I just deleted it using DDPB and then deleted it from the PB by hold down the icon. A trash can menu appeared and i was able to delete it. I don't think a device wipe is needed to remove the app :/
    07-22-11 02:48 PM
    I just deleted it using DDPB and then deleted it from the PB by hold down the icon. A trash can menu appeared and i was able to delete it. I don't think a device wipe is needed to remove the app :/
    I did the same, after a restart, doesn't seem to want to go away haha! (See Attached)

Edit: Deleted a 2nd time, rebooted and it's gone!
    Last edited by ericlc2; 07-22-11 at 03:00 PM.
    07-22-11 02:55 PM
    my icon is gone, I even restart the playbook to make sure. Thats weird. Wonder if the files are still on my device but the icon is just gone. let me check with Aftabs file browser see if i can find anything referencing the android player in the system folders

Just wondering, did you do a "restart" or a shudown and turn back on. My experience with restarts has been different with shutting down the device, waiting and then restarting it, especially with bridge issues.
    Last edited by uci2ci; 07-22-11 at 03:03 PM.
    07-22-11 03:00 PM
    I find it hilariously ironic that we wanted this so much and now want help removing it. We are never happy
    shawnOST likes this.
    07-22-11 03:02 PM
    I find it hilariously ironic that we wanted this so much and now want help removing it. We are never happy
    Yep, and the OP was after me pretty good to help him get it loaded, not that I minded, but still....
    07-22-11 03:06 PM

Just wondering, did you do a "restart" or a shudown and turn back on. My experience with restarts has been different with shutting down the device, waiting and then restarting it, especially with bridge issues.

Just a couple soft resets
    07-22-11 03:10 PM
    i don't see anything in the system forlders about the android player. Mines gone with the method I descriped

To be exact, just enabled dev mode again, connected via usb, punched in my password upon connect. Started DDPB, punched in my password and clicked refresh, selected the android bar, and clicked delete. It was quick. the bar file just disappeared from the list. While still connected, went to the playbooks app menu and saw that the android player icon was still there. I held it down, and a trash can appeared, clicked the trash can and it was gone. Disconnected the device. Turned it off, waited, turned it back on, and there was no sign of it still.

I just browsed the /apps folder using aftabs browser, and nothing seems to be there pertaining to the android player
    ericlc2 and mrpink73 like this.
    07-22-11 03:16 PM
    Just a couple soft resets
    guess i was just lucky
    07-22-11 03:17 PM
    I don't think it's a matter of being happy or not, at least not for myself. It was more or less trying it out to see the capabilities and to get a peak of whats on the horizon. Needless to say i'm pretty pumped for the official release!
    07-22-11 03:18 PM
    i don't see anything in the system forlders about the android player. Mines gone with the method I descriped

To be exact, just enabled dev mode again, connected via usb, punched in my password upon connect. Started DDPB, punched in my password and clicked refresh, selected the android bar, and clicked delete. It was quick. the bar file just disappeared from the list. While still connected, went to the playbooks app menu and saw that the android player icon was still there. I held it down, and a trash can appeared, clicked the trash can and it was gone. Disconnected the device. Turned it off, waited, turned it back on, and there was no sign of it still.

I just browsed the /apps folder using aftabs browser, and nothing seems to be there pertaining to the android player
    Thanks that worked, my curiosity is satisfied cant wait for the official release.
    07-22-11 03:36 PM
    I just wanted to reinstall it.

Its working fine after a security wipe and reinstall.
    07-22-11 03:41 PM
    Thanks that worked, my curiosity is satisfied cant wait for the official release.
    i dont see delete option on DDPB
    07-22-11 05:14 PM
    arent security wipe is the best solution since we all knows its the best way to restore PB as virgin.
    08-19-11 01:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD