How do I copy web info (or the site name) into an email on the PB?

I want to send someone either the text from a website or the link to it - can't figure it out and its probably right in front of my nose. I've tried without success...
    --using the hold-copy feature to highlight, but it won't paste into Bridge emails (the Paste choice won't appear; it seems that I can only paste inside emails, not from web to an email).
    --pasting to Evernote, and then trying to paste to an email. It pastes to Evernote, but not to the email.
    --I can't find a way to copy the web address either

Who can tell me what I am missing?
    02-26-12 07:38 PM
    I just did it. I copied the url from the browser into an email. Make sure you are in the text entry area and press and HOLD. It took a few seconds (probably less). Also, are you on BES (corporate phone)?
    02-26-12 08:38 PM
    I was just able to do it in both bridge email and native. Some times it takes a few tries.
    02-26-12 08:47 PM
    I just did it. I copied the url from the browser into an email. Make sure you are in the text entry area and press and HOLD. It took a few seconds (probably less). Also, are you on BES (corporate phone)?
    If I hold in the url area, it turns blue but no Copy popup opens - even after 10-15 seconds. I tried both in regular browser and Bridge Browser.

When trying to paste in email: I can't get the Paste choice to appear if I copied from a web page or Evernote, and I'm in the email text area. I do get the Copy choice to come up after holding, but it does not have Paste. It does not think there is anything on the virtual clipboard, so Paste is not an option. I'm doing this in Bridge, since have not set up my native emails again after a Security Wipe last night.

Yes, I am on BES basic (the free one).
    02-26-12 08:51 PM
    Simply press on the text area of the URL in the web browser. Then release and press on the same now highlighted area and the menu will appear allowing you to copy, paste, cancel, etc.
    glassofpinot likes this.
    02-26-12 08:57 PM
    Simply press on the text area of the URL in the web browser. Then release and press on the same now highlighted area and the menu will appear allowing you to copy, paste, cancel, etc.
    That's what I do too and I would like to add a little clarification to this. When the url highlights blue after simply touching it, the keyboard pops up. Just press the url again.
    glassofpinot and llagerva like this.
    02-26-12 09:04 PM
    Thanks BB9700CA and BBluenose - you have taught me how to "copy" a url ! It is a two-step "touch to blue" plus "touch-hold to get the Copy choice to appear" process. Thank you.

However, I still cannot then get it to paste in an email. When I go to Bridge-Messages and inside an email, I cannot get the Paste choice to appear. When the popup box comes up, paste is not an option (only Cut-Copy-Cancel) - so it does not think there is anything on the clipboard. What am I missing O wise ones?
    02-27-12 08:02 PM
    It may be a limitation of your BES. I have been able to copy the url (by either pressing and holding on the address bar or tapping it and when it turns blue tapping it again) and pasting in an email (both subject and in text field) by pressing and holding for about a second and a menu comes up to paste.
    llagerva likes this.
    02-27-12 08:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD