if I want to copy the url address of a website so I can email it to someone, how do i do that. i cant figure out how to copy and paste the web site address.
    thanks.
    10-22-11 10:24 PM
    put your finger on the url address and hold it there for a second or two. up pops the copy and paste option. Same to paste, hold your finger in the email (same amount of time, the same thing happens)
    10-22-11 10:29 PM
    In 2.0 they've made copy paste and selecting text much easier once you get the hang of it. Smart stuff. However, the delay for press and hold actions is WAY too long in my opinion.
    kingzogofalbania likes this.
    10-22-11 11:30 PM
    sort of related...why can't i copy text in certain applications? for example, if i get an email and want to copy part of the message, the copy function doesn't pop up. i have to select "forward message" or "reply" and THEN i can copy it (even if i don't want to forward or reply). same with PDF files. am i doing something wrong???
    10-23-11 02:36 PM
    It probably has to do with security like most things rim. The data is kind of locked to the phone. Effort is needed to copy or paste anything.
    10-23-11 02:57 PM
    Copy pasting the url in the browser (OS 2) is somewhat broken for me, tapping once will get me a single cursor with the options Paste, Select All. If I tap on Select All everything is highlighted but no options are displayed.
    If I tap and hold 8 times out of 10 I can't always get it to select the entire url so it makes it almost impossible to copy the entire thing. Very annoying...
    10-23-11 03:45 PM
    This is one of the basic functionalities I felt was missing from the PB . Hope 2.0 does fix this.
    10-23-11 04:03 PM
    I've been having a similar problem: if the browser finally lets me COPY the url, I find that on many websites I can't PASTE into a form box on a webpage.
    If I try to click in the box, the browser interprets that as a resize /zoom request and doesn't bring up the highlight/ select-copy-paste tool. There aren't any "shortcut" keys to paste where the cursor is, so then I'm stuck.
    I've run into this on a few different sites.
    Ideas?
    10-23-11 04:05 PM
    GENERALLY to Paste you have to Press and HOLD until the prompt. A brief tap won't do it.
    10-23-11 05:21 PM
    if I want to copy the url address of a website so I can email it to someone, how do i do that. i cant figure out how to copy and paste the web site address.
    thanks.
    i believe you must browse using the bridge browser if you want to paste a link from a browser into your bridged email (Rim Security reasons) A significant pain.

If your email is a web email client and you are connected via wifi, then cut and paste works from the standard browser.
    10-23-11 06:12 PM
    Copy pasting the url in the browser (OS 2) is somewhat broken for me, tapping once will get me a single cursor with the options Paste, Select All. If I tap on Select All everything is highlighted but no options are displayed.
    If I tap and hold 8 times out of 10 I can't always get it to select the entire url so it makes it almost impossible to copy the entire thing. Very annoying...
    I'm seeing the same thing.. Copy and Pastein the addressbar of the v2 beta browser is broke for me...
    10-23-11 07:22 PM
    It probably has to do with security like most things rim. The data is kind of locked to the phone. Effort is needed to copy or paste anything.
    so rim security says it's not secure to copy text from an email i receive. unless i hit the forward email button and then it is completely secure for me to copy/past anything?

i just checked on my phone and bb lets me copy messages i receive on that.
    10-23-11 07:44 PM
    Just Tap it...

I had the same prob.What works for me is if I click on the url and choose select all which highlights the whole url, you then just tap the highlighted address to bring up the cut/copy options etc (a hold and pause will just put the cursor back in the middle of the adress again)..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-11 01:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD