Acquired a new playbook yesterday and would like to replace my old one . I thought that it was going to be a straight forward process of backup/restorebut that does not appear to be the case . I can't seem to be able to backup my app data using dm (always fails in the same place).
    I can't find any instructions on the best way to go about it. A push in the right direction would be appreciated.

thanks
    01-18-13 09:23 AM
    don't try to backup media. just do apps and settings. move any media manually. this should help
    01-18-13 09:33 AM
    Media and settings backup fine , it fails on 1.54 gb of apps ( out of 2.11)
    01-18-13 09:59 AM
    I have a feeling you might have trouble. Ultimately, you might lose game scores and other app settings. If an app has changed in price, you might have to reacquire it at the new price.

I guess you could try making another backup of just the app/settings and try seeing if you can restore a newer backup?

Good luck
    01-18-13 11:23 AM
    I have the answer that worked for me and I spent days working on this problem. The thing that worked for backing up Application Data. If you have a PC, go to Microsoft Updates Page. Do a scan to find what files are missing. Select Optional Files. In my case there were 12 Optional Files that needed updating. I selected them all, downloaded them and installed them. Then did a PC reboot as well as PlayBook reboot. Then did an Application Data backup successfully ( tried it several times) and it worked successfully every time.
    profspeedo likes this.
    01-18-13 11:45 AM
    I'm on the phone with rim technical support , trying yet one more b-up with the tech connected to my pc via Remote support session. I'll see what conclusions he arrives at.
    01-18-13 12:37 PM