This is strange. Rim should demand that they list the game as also available on pb. This is advertising. Also are angry birds space coming to pb this month ?
    03-09-12 10:35 AM
    What does Rovio say about it? Surely it would be up to Rovio to capitalize on it ... no?
    03-09-12 10:49 AM
    It could be that the Dev team at RIM bought certain rights to these games. For example all the gameloft games we have on the PlayBook aren't actually directly from Gameloft. The Dev team bought certain rights and therefore when you ask for support from Gameloft they say the PlayBook is not supported. I believe that EA games actually is working on development for the PlayBook that's why if you contact their support they'd be happy to help you out.
    03-09-12 10:58 AM
    What does Rovio say about it? Surely it would be up to Rovio to capitalize on it ... no?
    I did send them email. We will see what they have to say.
    03-09-12 11:02 AM
    It could be that the Dev team at RIM bought certain rights to these games. For example all the gameloft games we have on the PlayBook aren't actually directly from Gameloft. The Dev team bought certain rights and therefore when you ask for support from Gameloft they say the PlayBook is not supported. I believe that EA games actually is working on development for the PlayBook that's why if you contact their support they'd be happy to help you out.
    Interesting.

I know people are sick of Skype and Netflix talk, but this is what RIM needs to do with those companies. But the rights to develop a Skype and Netflix app. Angry Birds was not needed as much as these 2 apps are. However, maybe Skype and Netflix are strong arming RIM waiting for this offer.
    03-09-12 11:03 AM
    All 3 versions on the ROVIO web site have a link to the BlackBerry App World in the "Available On" list.
    03-09-12 11:03 AM
    Bioware is Canadian right? Will they come up with some RPGs for the PlayBook? EA already have some games
    03-09-12 11:04 AM
    They had to be begged to port AB to the Playbook. I suppose they just have no love for us. Fine with me really, I never bought in to the angry birds bandwagon. Plus why the would I pay $4.99 for the app when I can play the flash version online just fine. Sure it's not creamy smooth, but it's perfectly usable and fun even for some one as picky as myself. Did I mention it's free online?
    03-09-12 11:04 AM
    That's pretty interesting. Is there any reason they do this? I mean, as a PlayBook user, I like seeing "Available on BlackBerry App World", even if I'm not particularly interested in the app. Does RIM do anything with the apps they buy rights for?
    03-09-12 11:09 AM
    They had to be begged to port AB to the Playbook. I suppose they just have no love for us. Fine with me really, I never bought in to the angry birds bandwagon. Plus why the would I pay $4.99 for the app when I can play the flash version online just fine. Sure it's not creamy smooth, but it's perfectly usable and fun even for some one as picky as myself. Did I mention it's free online?
    Angry Birds isn't a port on the PlayBook, all three versions are native PlayBook apps.
    03-09-12 11:11 AM
    Interesting.

I know people are sick of Skype and Netflix talk, but this is what RIM needs to do with those companies. But the rights to develop a Skype and Netflix app. Angry Birds was not needed as much as these 2 apps are. However, maybe Skype and Netflix are strong arming RIM waiting for this offer.
    Skype is probably in the works as RIM partnered with Microsoft for some native apps such as Bing Maps, give it 2-3 months and maybe we'll see Skype on the PlayBook.
    03-09-12 11:40 AM
    That's pretty interesting. Is there any reason they do this? I mean, as a PlayBook user, I like seeing "Available on BlackBerry App World", even if I'm not particularly interested in the app. Does RIM do anything with the apps they buy rights for?
    Chances are they did this to have popular titles on the PlayBook prior to the inital launch in 2011. Remember that the PlayBook did not originally have the Android player included in OS 1.x.x so having these key popular apps like Angry Birds, Asphalt 6, Modern Combat etc might have leveraged potential new buyers, or so RIM thought. Either way it had been the attempt to at least get some big name apps in the BlackBerry App World prior to the initial launch in 2011
    03-09-12 11:44 AM
    Angry Birds isn't a port on the PlayBook, all three versions are native PlayBook apps.
    They are technically ports.
    03-09-12 11:45 AM
    Let's see if Angry Birds space will come to playbook at the same time as for other platforms.

I am also wondering how many plabooks need to be sold for some developers to start treating it as viable platform that is worth to develop for
    03-09-12 12:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD