To clarify: I want to delete a backlog of email and find that I can only delete one email at a time, a very tedious and time consuming task if one has not read one's email for several days (for whatever reason). You can delete email in both Windows and Mac OS by holding the "shift" key and selecting the first and last message and everything in between is selected for deletion. Similar with Mac OS. Can PB do something like this? If not, this is an area RIM has to look very closely and improve on.

What are your thoughts on this? Am I missing something?
    10-18-12 04:14 PM
    You can delete multiple emails by swiping from the top, choosing select, and then checking the box next to each email you want to delete. Also, if you touch the top showing email and the bottom showing email at the same time while in select mode, you'll select all the emails between the top and bottom. Then just hit the trashcan to delete all selected messages.
    Last edited by pacoman03; 10-18-12 at 06:20 PM.
    anon(3641385) and drcaponord like this.
    10-18-12 04:29 PM
    What Pacoman said - but that only applies to the PB's native email program not the bridged emails.

What email program were you talking about?
    10-18-12 05:10 PM
    When in doubt on PlayBook swipe. Usually you will find additional actions.
    10-18-12 05:14 PM
    This works to delete email
    With Gmail on PB at the bottom of the screen below the list of emails tap the blue Box with the white check mark. Check the box on the left of the email list on each email you want to delete. Then tap the red x and off they go!
    10-18-12 06:03 PM
    What Pacoman said - but that only applies to the PB's native email program not the bridged emails.

What email program were you talking about?
    _______

Using the native email program. Thanks a million, pacoman03. You saved me a lot of time.
    10-19-12 02:21 PM
    You can delete multiple emails by swiping from the top, choosing select, and then checking the box next to each email you want to delete. Also, if you touch the top showing email and the bottom showing email at the same time while in select mode, you'll select all the emails between the top and bottom. Then just hit the trashcan to delete all selected messages.
    ________

A funny thing happened to me. It worked for the first few times I tried this but today, I tapped "select" and then checked all those Email that I wanted deleted, then tapped the trashcan icon and selected the "delete" drop down box, but all those selected were not deleted. So I had to delete 50-100 email backlog one by one. I wonder what went wrong.
    10-30-12 05:32 PM
    ________

A funny thing happened to me. It worked for the first few times I tried this but today, I tapped "select" and then checked all those Email that I wanted deleted, then tapped the trashcan icon and selected the "delete" drop down box, but all those selected were not deleted. So I had to delete 50-100 email backlog one by one. I wonder what went wrong.
    Deleting a large number of email at once will take a little time after the trashcan icon is tapped.
    10-30-12 05:50 PM
    Well, I wonder how much time I need to wait. I waited about 30 seconds. But thanks. I'll try again.
    10-30-12 05:56 PM
    Well, I wonder how much time I need to wait. I waited about 30 seconds. But thanks. I'll try again.
    I have a Yahoo account and I can only delete 6 at a time. I can select more but only 6 will actually disappear. I guess 6 is better than 1....
    10-30-12 06:48 PM
    You can access your email account using the browser. For Yahoo this certainly works and you can then work with your account asif you were on alaptop. Of course you can bookmark it or put it on your desktop for quick access.
    10-30-12 07:53 PM
    pacoman03, I did as you recommended, and in an earlier post it worked once or twice. Now, when I try to delete more than 2 emails it does not work. I tried anywhere to delete from 3-8 emails at one time and it also does not work. Someone wrote that one needs more time if multiple emails are deleted. I ask "how much time?" I have waited as much as 30 seconds when I try to delete 3 or more emails but nothing seems to show any "progress" on my screen. I did a power off/power on thing and tried again. Still the same problem. If anyone is wondering whether I am not doing it right, here's how I do it:

1. when native email is opened and shown on the left side of the screen I swipe down from the top and tap "select" (the two bars that look like a battery)
    2. I then tap all those emails I want to select for erasure; they are then highlighted in yellow.
    3. I then tap on the trashcan icon at the lower right of the screen; the PB then briefly does some cycling and the screen now appears with the "selected" items still shown, but not deleted.

I can only delete one email at a time. I am using OS version 2.1.0.1088 and I never have more than one or two programs open at any time.
    11-07-12 06:34 PM