I have some e.pub books on my lap top that I want to transfer to my playbook. I have a kobo reader on my playbook and have tried to sync the books to the player but cannot find the files in kobo. I can find the books in my book file on the playbook and can open them on my computer but not on the playbook.
    Can anyone help
    08-20-15 11:06 AM
    Try getting Calibre for your laptop. It is quite useful for taking epubs from my laptop and putting onto my Kobo device.

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure if I can see them in Kobo on the Playbook - you'd have to try that.

Since Calibre is freeware, there's no cost to you.
    08-20-15 12:40 PM
    THANKS FOR THAT INFORMATION. DO YOU HAVE A KOBO ONYOUR PLAYBOOK? If so do you have a way to put epub files on?
    Thanks
    08-20-15 12:55 PM
    I used to have Kobo on my Playbook but for various reasons, including your problem, dumped it (Kobo) and bought Playepub from Blackberry World (0.99). When I want to transfer epubs from my laptop just attach the Playbook to the laptop with USB and drag & drop the files into the "books" file on the Playbook. Playepub automatically finds the epubs. This app is terrific as it has many features and is inexpensive. Also after originally buying it a couple of years ago for my PlayBook, it was a free download for my newer Passport and it works beautifully there as well. Highly recommended!

P.S. No, I am not the developer or in any way affiliated with Playepub-- lol!

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 11:39 AM
    I have also bought Playepub and recommend it for reading. If you don't want to pay for a program, I used to use a sideloaded version of Moon+ reader (Android app), but found that Payepub just worked a bit better and rendered some books properly which Moon+ reader seemed to have problems with. For $0.99, Playepub has served its purpose well.
    08-21-15 04:55 PM
    I actually had the same issue with Kobo so I replaced it with sideloaded Kindlle, as I also have a Kindle anyway and it's simpler for me to just have my books in one format (mobi).

Actually Kindle occasionally has trouble finding books, if I batch add a bunch or if they're in several layers of folder (like books in a title folder within an author folder for example).

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 12:22 AM