I don't need notifications of the birthday of my Facebook friends.
    Anyone know how to disable it? I'm annoyed about this unwanted function, and I know you guys are feeling the same.

When I first so the notification, I was like, "OMG did I scheduled a meeting with this guy??".
    02-25-12 08:31 PM
    i didn't want facebook in my contacts at all so i simply deleted the account. has no effect on the app.

i don't twittertwat or link in so the whole exercise is pointless to me. and i've just found out you can sync just about everything but your phone contacts directly. makes the contacts app next to useless. rim completely dropped the ball on that.
    02-25-12 09:20 PM
    i didn't want facebook in my contacts at all so i simply deleted the account. has no effect on the app.

i don't twittertwat or link in so the whole exercise is pointless to me. and i've just found out you can sync just about everything but your phone contacts directly. makes the contacts app next to useless. rim completely dropped the ball on that.
    Deleting the account is one of the options but that doesn't really "solve" the problem.
    Notification settings should be available as released, and it seems not.
    I'm disappointed to the RIM's recent blunders and here comes the another one?

RIM developers aren't studying their competitor's products enough. Look at the iPhone apps, notification settings are there in every apps. It has to be there.
    02-25-12 09:44 PM
    Set it to off in the facebook setup options. Worked for me.
    02-25-12 10:04 PM
    Set it to off in the facebook setup options. Worked for me.
    Can you give me more detailed instruction?
    I have been disabling the birthday notification on my facebook account prior to the OS2.0 update, and I have no idea what which set up options you are talking about.
    And the notification is coming out from the calendar app(or contact app) so I'm confused to your reply saying that you can set it off from facebook.
    02-25-12 10:26 PM
    It's in the account settings for your Facebook under options.
    02-25-12 10:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD