Hi,

I have now had my Playbook for over a year.

The BB Video Store only seems available in the US and Canada, also it seems expensive when compared to Google, Apple, and Amazon.

I had started ripping my DVDs onto my Playbook, but frankly in this day and age that is absurd.

Has anyone found somewhere to download LEGALLY movies and Tv shows? The biggest problem I have with my Playbook is a lack of content which results in me not using it.

Would appreciate your thoughts

Thanks
    01-07-13 04:45 AM
    When I've looked into this - the best I've been able to come up with as options are either setting up a proxy for a pay service from the US (Amazon or BB Store) or hopefully Blinkbox will have an app out soon (when I last asked them they were hoping to have the android app out before Christmas with a BB one to follow after).

Or you set up a streaming service from your PC and use your PC to download (Plex etc)
    01-07-13 06:42 AM
    I don't know much about Amazon Prime and whether you have it over there or if you can purchase content or only stream it.
    01-07-13 09:24 AM
    Amazon = Lovfilm here in the UK

We also have a few other services.

But all use Silverlight which does not work with the Playbook.
    01-07-13 09:32 AM
    Going back to your original message - while ripping dvd's can be tedious, I guess you could do it overnight and just let it run in your absence. And, of course, your LEGAL limitation shows a major hangup - distributors just don't realize what an untapped market is out there if they would only provide content in more usable forms at a fair price!
    01-07-13 10:10 AM
    I think Crackle.com allows you do do this and it works fine on our PB?
    01-07-13 10:21 AM
    Been having a look and might try a US proxy to get the US Video Store
    01-07-13 10:31 AM
    Hi,

I had started ripping my DVDs onto my Playbook, but frankly in this day and age that is absurd.
    No more absurd than purchasing a movie online for your Playbook and not being able to view that movie on another device due to DRM restrictions.
    01-07-13 10:34 AM
    Thanks guys

Yes - legally is a key issue. I know that there are ways to download almost any TV episode and movie out there illegally. But I don't want to break the law.

Crackle - Just had a look on my PC and it may well work. But the content (maybe it's differen in the UK) seems hilariously bad. I'll have a closer look at home, but it seems like a repository of B/C grade films and tv shows.
    01-07-13 10:35 AM
    You can try Tvcatchup and watch freeview and there is also a site called Veetle.com which is my favourite and they both work fantastic on the PlayBook
    01-07-13 11:45 AM
    You can also try the Splashtop application to stream from your computer system. You can stream video from any browser on your computer so you can watch videos on Silverlight. You can do this on your local network and over the Internet.
    01-07-13 02:17 PM