Just got my Playbook and anytime i click on the Twitter shortcut, it takes me to the mobile site. Can anyone help me with how to access the full site on the Playbook? Thanks
    05-05-11 07:33 AM
    Scroll to the bottom and click on the link that says something like "Full site" or to that nature
    05-05-11 07:34 AM
    Scroll to the bottom and click on the link that says something like "Full site" or to that nature
    Looked for something like that but couldnt find it!
    05-05-11 07:40 AM
    Looked for something like that but couldnt find it!
    Woah, that's weird. The option was there before because I used it to view the normal site but I just checked again and it has disappeared. Hmm
    05-05-11 07:53 AM
    The link to the standard site disappeared at some point. I found it again at the bottom of the page when going to the mobile site when I wasn't logged in and I copied the link to the standard site:

http://mobile.twitter.com/settings/change_ui

That should take you back to the standard site. But if you ever go to mobile site you'll have to enter it again to switch back.
    Last edited by milldawg; 05-05-11 at 09:03 AM.
    pixieloulou likes this.
    05-05-11 08:55 AM
    I use Hahlo 4.2.2 and LOVE it! (Until there is a native app). Much better compared to Twitter
    ericlc2 likes this.
    05-05-11 08:59 AM
    The link to the standard site disappeared at some point. I found it again at the bottom of the page when going to the mobile site when I wasn't logged in and I copied the link to the standard site:

Twitter

That should take you back to the standard site. But if you ever go to mobile site you'll have to enter it again to switch back.
    Also try dumping your cache or cookies in your browser settings under Privacy and Security.
    dadymon likes this.
    05-05-11 09:02 AM
    Also try dumping your cache or cookies in your browser settings under Privacy and Security.
    actually tried that myself and that didn't work. That twitter link works though.
    05-05-11 09:44 AM
    Hasn't anyone still figured out this loading of full twitter version on Playbook or is there a way to hide the browser identifier so it doesnt always load the mobile site?
    05-07-11 11:54 AM
    Hasn't anyone still figured out this loading of full twitter version on Playbook or is there a way to hide the browser identifier so it doesnt always load the mobile site?
    See post #5
    05-07-11 11:56 AM
    Hopefully they develop an app soon!
    05-07-11 12:45 PM
    Hopefully they develop an app soon!
    No kidding. You would think one would be on the way really soon, but I don't think anything has been announced as of yet. Playbook NEEDS a Twitter app. Yes, you can use it in the browser, but having a separate app would be really cool.
    05-08-11 08:31 AM
    What about tweedless or twitolio(sic)? I just hope UberSocial comes out with one soon.
    05-08-11 09:06 AM
    Tweedless pretty much sucks (the font and sizing is awful) and I haven't heard of the other one you mentioned.

A Tweetdeck app would also be nice.
    05-08-11 09:33 AM
    I use Hahlo 4.2.2 and LOVE it! (Until there is a native app). Much better compared to Twitter
    tried this out, pretty slick, i'll use this till an actual decent twitter client surfaces, thanks!
    05-08-11 06:00 PM
    Not having a Playbook dedicated Twitter client at launch is unbelievable to me. One of the many things that have to be fixed or promised before
    my 14 day return policy is up.
    05-08-11 06:34 PM
    again, if the playbook can access full websites, why would you need ' an app for that '. getting a bit tired of everybody calling for apps. if there's no need for apps, there won't be an app for that.

question: what would you like to see in the app that the website does not do?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-11 08:51 PM
    again, if the playbook can access full websites, why would you need ' an app for that '. getting a bit tired of everybody calling for apps. if there's no need for apps, there won't be an app for that.

does the word "notifications" mean anything to you?
    05-08-11 09:22 PM

Apps can be rather beneficial to the end user. Many apps have handy features such as muting, groups, notifications, or even features so simple as "x is following you" or "x is not following you," which wouldn't be so easily available via web. These are just a few reasons why an app would be better than the full/mobile site
    05-08-11 10:58 PM
    Not having a Playbook dedicated Twitter client at launch is unbelievable to me. One of the many things that have to be fixed or promised before
    my 14 day return policy is up.
    not gonna lie...a native twitter client will be a welcome addition if and when it comes...not an end of the world scenario tho...
    05-09-11 12:53 AM
    I have noticed that if Private Browsing is "on" Twitter takes you to the mobile site while if it is "off" then you are taken to the full site. Seems odd but just stumbled onto that.
    05-09-11 01:43 AM

I'm assuming you're not a twitter user, but twitter web truly sucks! It's Basic twitter. There are no automatic updates for tweets, no edit retweets, no uploading pics, no way to mute people, no multiple twitter accounts at the same time, no search tabs, etc. Twitter with an APP is much easier to tweet. Facebook did not really need an APP but we have it and it looks great. The Facebook web works fine. All the features on Facebook work. Twitter,Facebook,AOL IM,Yahoo IM, email, and calendars are basic apps. They should have been on the playbook day one.
    05-09-11 02:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD