How to do that?
    01-10-13 09:11 AM
    No reply yet?
    01-10-13 12:12 PM
    You waited 3 hours, jeez. People aren't on here all day and all night. Give it at least 24 hours; and I will assure you someone will help.
    01-10-13 12:42 PM
    First you have to turn on map caching. Swipe down from top and choose settings, then labs, then tick the box "Pre-cache map area". Now go back to the map, and press and hold on the spot that you want to be the center of the cached area. A box will pop up- tap on it. A new screen will appear. Choose "Pre-cache map area". The app will then download and save the area. .
    Attached Thumbnails How to cache map tiles in google maps 6.2?-img_20120946.jpg   How to cache map tiles in google maps 6.2?-img_20120947.jpg   How to cache map tiles in google maps 6.2?-img_20120948.jpg   How to cache map tiles in google maps 6.2?-img_20120949.jpg  
    Cynycl likes this.
    01-10-13 01:26 PM
    First you have to turn on map caching. Swipe down from top and choose settings, then labs, then tick the box "Pre-cache map area". Now go back to the map, and press and hold on the spot that you want to be the center of the cached area. A box will pop up- tap on it. A new screen will appear. Choose "Pre-cache map area". The app will then download and save the area. .
    Thanks a lot for a complete answer. You guys are great and really helpful.
    01-10-13 08:30 PM
    So the settings panel is now working in Google Maps? In all recent versions - including 6.11.1, which I'm using and find to be the most stable - it triggers a Force Close of the app.

Which version are you using exactly?

And note that, with the versions I've tested, you don't need to access Settings in order to cache an area. Just swipe down from the top and select "Make available offline."

RCK
    01-11-13 12:03 AM
    So the settings panel is now working in Google Maps? In all recent versions - including 6.11.1, which I'm using and find to be the most stable - it triggers a Force Close of the app.

Which version are you using exactly?

And note that, with the versions I've tested, you don't need to access Settings in order to cache an area. Just swipe down from the top and select "Make available offline."

RCK
    i'm using v6.2. Its been the most stable for me so far. Most important, it aquires gps fix with 30 seconds at the latest. I've had a lot of problem with playbooks GPS. It used to take 30 min or so to fix my location. I had created a thread on this. But Google Maps 6.2 seems to have solved the problem. Though, i don't know, how long it will work that way. So far, its been so good.
    01-11-13 03:51 AM
    i'm using v6.2. Its been the most stable for me so far. Most important, it aquires gps fix with 30 seconds at the latest. I've had a lot of problem with playbooks GPS. It used to take 30 min or so to fix my location. I had created a thread on this. But Google Maps 6.2 seems to have solved the problem. Though, i don't know, how long it will work that way. So far, its been so good.
    But again, I ask, does the Settings page work? Because it always crashes on every version I try...

RCK
    01-11-13 06:02 AM
    Where can one obtain 6.2?
    01-11-13 06:32 AM
    But again, I ask, does the Settings page work? Because it always crashes on every version I try...

RCK
    Settings works on 6.2 and below. The top screenshot above is from within settings.
    01-11-13 01:10 PM