- 01-10-2013, 12:42 PM #3
You waited 3 hours, jeez. People aren't on here all day and all night. Give it at least 24 hours; and I will assure you someone will help.Josh - Curve 9320 & PlayBook 64GB - BlackBerry Enthusiast - CrackBerry Addict - PlayBook Sideloader
- CrackBerry Genius
01-10-2013, 01:26 PM #4
- 3,346 Posts
First you have to turn on map caching. Swipe down from top and choose settings, then labs, then tick the box "Pre-cache map area". Now go back to the map, and press and hold on the spot that you want to be the center of the cached area. A box will pop up- tap on it. A new screen will appear. Choose "Pre-cache map area". The app will then download and save the area. .
- 01-11-2013, 12:03 AM #6
So the settings panel is now working in Google Maps? In all recent versions - including 6.11.1, which I'm using and find to be the most stable - it triggers a Force Close of the app.
Which version are you using exactly?
And note that, with the versions I've tested, you don't need to access Settings in order to cache an area. Just swipe down from the top and select "Make available offline."
- By pinoyBold9700 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-18-2010, 09:24 PM
- By g-manatl in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 7Last Post: 07-21-2009, 09:01 PM
- By amedj in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 02-28-2009, 06:19 PM
- By warshauer in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 4Last Post: 09-24-2008, 04:54 AM
- By golflover in forum BlackBerry 8830 WEReplies: 11Last Post: 03-29-2008, 03:16 PM