How to associate photo with contact, please?
I haven't managed to work out how to get a portion of a photo, ie a portrait ?, into the relevant contact's details. I have some of my contacts with their picture already but I suspect they were ones on my phone and transferred automatically via Googlemail?
So, I could try doing it via phone but I would like to be able to do it on the Playbook, if it's possible (and I'm sure it must be ). It's probably something very simple but I've looked in all places - other than where it is to be found Murphy's Law ...
So, if someone could help me out, I would be very grateful
- CrackBerry Genius
01-13-13, 10:57 AM #2
- 3,822 Posts
I've added photos / company logo pics to people's / companies contact profiles on my 9900. When bridged to my PlayBook they show in the PlayBook's contacts. I haven't added them on the PB and not sure if you can.
Add their pics in the phones contacts.
- 01-13-13, 11:07 AM #3
If you will associate and sync your contacts with your email accounts, pictures will be included (if your email contacts has)... otherwise, you can manually associate certain picture to your individual contact...
I guess, the same way if you want to associate contact with photo...
Thanks. I could do it via my phone, even though it's not a BB, (it's Galaxy S3) but there must a way to 'tag' a photo to a contact seeing as the feature is there. I would like to find out how to do it. That's half the fun of having the Playbook I get bored if a device only does what's obvious - I like the challenge to get it to work for it's money !!!
- CrackBerry Abuser
01-13-13, 11:10 AM #5
- 146 Posts
OK so if i understand correctly, you would like to add pictures to your contacts from the playbook.
Here is how I do it.
1) Open contacts
2) Select the desired contact
3) On the right hand side about 3/4 of the down select the pencil symbol to edit.
4) Touch the blank picture place holder and you now have the choice to insert from pictures/download folder or use the PlayBook camera.
5) On the right hand side select the folder with the check to save and your done.
- CrackBerry Abuser
01-13-13, 11:12 AM #6
- 415 Posts
In my contacts on the PlayBook, some have photos. I didn't put them there. They were added automatically when I entered their contact info. I am sure the person themselves have added their photo to another source on the Internet such as Facebook or other social media sites.
Yes, you understood completely!! Thank you so much. Your instructions were perfect.
I had tried tapping the photo bit but in the Contacts, not once opened to edit. I had also opened to edit, but didn't think to tap it there! I guessed it would be something simple, being that the feature is there.
So, now will just have to crop the photo, then re-do it
Thanks very much - am now a happy bunny again - till the next problem .....
- By basitj in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 03-31-11, 08:52 PM
- By OSUBuckeyeBerry in forum Native BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 4Last Post: 07-13-10, 01:55 PM
- By OSUBuckeyeBerry in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 4Last Post: 07-13-10, 01:55 PM
- By cbmember in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 06-20-08, 06:51 PM
- By anonuser in forum Developers LoungeReplies: 0Last Post: 12-31-07, 11:22 AM