Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By GooseberryFool
  • 1 Post By solsticegt1
  • 1 Post By snow_stipple
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default How to associate photo with contact, please?

Hi

I haven't managed to work out how to get a portion of a photo, ie a portrait ?, into the relevant contact's details. I have some of my contacts with their picture already but I suspect they were ones on my phone and transferred automatically via Googlemail?

So, I could try doing it via phone but I would like to be able to do it on the Playbook, if it's possible (and I'm sure it must be ). It's probably something very simple but I've looked in all places - other than where it is to be found Murphy's Law ...

So, if someone could help me out, I would be very grateful

Thanks
    snow_stipple likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

I've added photos / company logo pics to people's / companies contact profiles on my 9900. When bridged to my PlayBook they show in the PlayBook's contacts. I haven't added them on the PB and not sure if you can.

Add their pics in the phones contacts.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,781 Global Posts

If you will associate and sync your contacts with your email accounts, pictures will be included (if your email contacts has)... otherwise, you can manually associate certain picture to your individual contact...

I guess, the same way if you want to associate contact with photo...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Hi Ben
    Thanks. I could do it via my phone, even though it's not a BB, (it's Galaxy S3) but there must a way to 'tag' a photo to a contact seeing as the feature is there. I would like to find out how to do it. That's half the fun of having the Playbook I get bored if a device only does what's obvious - I like the challenge to get it to work for it's money !!!
    Cheers
    CrackBerry Abuser

OK so if i understand correctly, you would like to add pictures to your contacts from the playbook.
    Here is how I do it.
    1) Open contacts
    2) Select the desired contact
    3) On the right hand side about 3/4 of the down select the pencil symbol to edit.
    4) Touch the blank picture place holder and you now have the choice to insert from pictures/download folder or use the PlayBook camera.
    5) On the right hand side select the folder with the check to save and your done.
    Thanked by:
    GooseberryFool (01-13-2013) 
    snow_stipple likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

In my contacts on the PlayBook, some have photos. I didn't put them there. They were added automatically when I entered their contact info. I am sure the person themselves have added their photo to another source on the Internet such as Facebook or other social media sites.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Hi solsticegt1

Yes, you understood completely!! Thank you so much. Your instructions were perfect.

I had tried tapping the photo bit but in the Contacts, not once opened to edit. I had also opened to edit, but didn't think to tap it there! I guessed it would be something simple, being that the feature is there.

So, now will just have to crop the photo, then re-do it

Thanks very much - am now a happy bunny again - till the next problem .....
    Cheers.
    CrackBerry Abuser

You can add more pictures to any one contact and rotate through them from edit mode. Never knew that either.
    Last edited by snow_stipple; 01-13-2013 at 11:38 AM. Reason: removed 'or emails' part from message
    GooseberryFool likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Quote Originally Posted by snow_stipple View Post
    You can add more pictures to any one contact and rotate through them from edit mode. Never knew that either.
    Hey, that sounds good. All more to the fun, eh???

Thanks for posting that little snippet

Cheers