Augh! This PlayBook section is 90% depressing.

I Bought my PlayBook on the release date and have been in love ever since! I use it ALL the time. It's always a reach away. While I am watching T.V I'm surfing on it, reading magazines, newspapers, etc, etc. I am bridged to it automatically when i walk in the door. (Actually, when I am a half block away from my house my BB is already blinking blue) It is my technological bread and butter.

My home PC is a part of my home media center with my TV being the sole monitor and I also do not own a laptop. These two factors probably contribute heavily to my lust for the PlayBook as I actually have a [i]use[/] for it. It was never some "extra toy" I planned on brewing my morning coffee for me. It is what it is.

RIM can throw every update at me, improve it, and turn it into gold. All that is really a bonus and if that takes them three years to do, so be it. I got what I paid for and I got what I planned to pay for. The fact that there is a team at RIM whose job is dedicated to adding additional functionality to the device is a TOTAL bonus. I mean, it is not like I am paying a monthly service for that so, I feel nothing is owed to me. It is all extra and splendid customer service.

That being said, I work with an IPad2 for eight to ten hours every day. Without any bias I have to say that I prefer my PlayBook tenfold! Mainly I'd have to say because the UI on the IPad is BORING! I would sum it up as a giant APP player, other than going into apps there is not much else use for it. I could argue that myself to a degree if it could surf the native internet.

I guess; what I am saying is, this thing will never brush our teeth nor brew our coffee. I am sure I would prefer not to write a 15 000 word essay with it. I would prefer however, to bring this to the can with me over my desk-top computer.

I hope I helped in lifting the mood over here.

Peace.
    08-20-11 04:00 PM
    Thanks for bringing a bit of light to the place. Like you I love my PB. More funtionality is terrific and will be welcomed. But for now what the device does is fine for me.

The PB is not a work related device for me. As part of a hobby we carry hundreds of pages of documents with ease on yhe PB. With a fine backlit screen we are able to read our material even at night far froma a light source.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    mapsonburt likes this.
    08-20-11 04:09 PM
    Here, here! My thoughts as well, I bought my playbook two weeks before going on a motorcycle trip and it has paid for itself twice over. i have both PDF service manuals loaded on it for mine and wife's bikes. i have mileage apps, service locator apps and mapping apps loaded as well. Never had an issue surfing the net or checking the weather either via tethered or wifi. The biggest plus was the playbook and BB use the same chargers and the playbook takes up way less space than a netbook and their clunky larger powersupplies.

The only draw back todate has been the inability to off load pics easily from my camera to the playbook.... but that I am sure will become a non issue sometime soon. My view of the playbook is a useful tool that makes my day much easier, if I wanted a toy to occupy my kids so they could play games and extend there video times I would have got them an Ipad
    cjsabo and mapsonburt like this.
    08-20-11 04:23 PM
    I'm waiting for PlayBook 2.0 relaunch, and that will surely lift the mood up.
    For now, all that we can do is enjoying what you have (either PB or not) or sell it and change to something that suit your needs better (if you can't wait anymore).
    I still remember what Apple did upon "antennagate" on iPhone 4, they play the song by 'songadayman' on almost every of their Apple Store..

"If you don't like an iPhone 4, DON'T buy it..
    If you bought but you don't like it, BRING IT back..."

just change the words iPhone 4 with PlayBook.

- Just another satisfied PlayBook owner -
    KOOLWATER, cabirder and pelletizer like this.
    08-20-11 04:57 PM

Peace.
    Thank you! You lifted my mood! But it was already in the + because .. well because I too love my Playbook! Just as it is. Sending me more will only be icing on the cake.
    Witmen, KOOLWATER and mapsonburt like this.
    08-20-11 06:29 PM
    you do mean getting pictures or videos taken with something better than the excelant 5mp camera loaded on the fabulous Playbook or do you mean getting pictures off of the PB?
    08-20-11 06:36 PM
    Love my playbook too! Mood successfully lifted!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-11 06:42 PM
    Thank you! You lifted my mood! But it was already in the + because .. well because I too love my Playbook! Just as it is. Sending me more will only be icing on the cake.
    I agree with this.

With the news about the TP I pondered getting one. I asked myself if the PB only cost $100 and I bought it, would I be happy using my PB the way it is now and with no more updates. Honestly I think I would. It wouldn't be ideally and there is still a lot they could do to make the PB better. But I would be pretty happy with it even it don't improve. The future updates is exactly like you said. Icing on the cake to me.

After thinking about it I am now in the hunt for a $100 TP now lol
    08-20-11 06:54 PM
    ya these are great for taking a dump
    08-20-11 08:56 PM
    now thats what I like to read.......positive comments..... I've said it all along. this pb is great, and updates will get here when they get here.
    08-20-11 10:02 PM
    the playbook is so sweet, its got me hooked on blackberry. im sorry im late to the party! now i just have to wait for att to release the bold. argh! i freaking hate att!
    08-20-11 10:19 PM
    the playbook is so sweet, its got me hooked on blackberry. im sorry im late to the party! now i just have to wait for att to release the bold. argh! i freaking hate att!
    Just in case you don't know all of this. When you do get your Bold from AT&T DO NOT get BlackBerry Bridge from App World. Get it from an OTA link such as the one posted here on crackberry.
    08-20-11 10:44 PM
    ya these are great for taking a dump
    I concur...
    08-20-11 10:48 PM
    i love it as it is and the only app i have in it is blaq.
    08-21-11 12:02 AM
    nice post
    For an ex-ipad owner, i do feel that this Playbook will be the next-big-thing. And for a long time blackberry user, i definitely know RIM's "traditions" in developing / upgrading their OS & hardware.

The best way is stick with this amazing PLaybook and enjoy the good time with it.. at least I can show-off typing BBM on a larger screen
    08-21-11 12:06 AM
    I'm in total agreement with this... As much as I've been down on RIM giving us the silent treatment, and voicing misgivings about their possible intentions, I have to say there is not a darn thing wrong with the Playbook as it stands. Sure, there are a few things I'd like to see improve and add to its capabilities, but as it is, it's the perfect adjunct to my Blackberry handset and the perfect size and shape for my own activities...yes, including bathroom reading. I just wish that RIM, assuming it shares our enthusiasm for the Playbook, would show it a little more.
    08-21-11 12:28 AM
    Great post.

Only new to Blackberry's and the whole wonderful world that it entails. Got my Playbook about 3 weeks ago when the wife got an ipad2 (she loves the Apple, but I just can't get past my shiny new Playbook). I am loving it immensely, and it has definitely started me down the path of using / having / owning Blackberry's.

About to buy a Storm2 (yeh I know it's old, but I like the style) for a work phone, and getting a Torch 9810 for a personal phone (when they arrive in Australia). Have learnt so much in the last 3 weeks, especially from Crackberry.com and these forums, but must admit I am amazed at the negativity this tablet has received. I knew what I was getting - the pros & cons - and still jumped in.

Is it as good as an ipad2? Don't know, can't get off my Playbook long enough to look at the wife's ipad2, but don't really want to any way. Very happy with what I have, what more can I say.
    08-21-11 12:38 AM

I Bought my PlayBook on the release date and have been in love ever since! I use it ALL the time. It's always a reach away. While I am watching T.V I'm surfing on it, reading magazines, newspapers, etc, etc. I am bridged to it automatically when i walk in the door. (Actually, when I am a half block away from my house my BB is already blinking blue) It is my technological bread and butter.

My home PC is a part of my home media center with my TV being the sole monitor and I also do not own a laptop. These two factors probably contribute heavily to my lust for the PlayBook as I actually have a [i]use[/] for it. It was never some "extra toy" I planned on brewing my morning coffee for me. It is what it is.

RIM can throw every update at me, improve it, and turn it into gold. All that is really a bonus and if that takes them three years to do, so be it. I got what I paid for and I got what I planned to pay for. The fact that there is a team at RIM whose job is dedicated to adding additional functionality to the device is a TOTAL bonus. I mean, it is not like I am paying a monthly service for that so, I feel nothing is owed to me. It is all extra and splendid customer service.

That being said, I work with an IPad2 for eight to ten hours every day. Without any bias I have to say that I prefer my PlayBook tenfold! Mainly I'd have to say because the UI on the IPad is BORING! I would sum it up as a giant APP player, other than going into apps there is not much else use for it. I could argue that myself to a degree if it could surf the native internet.

I guess; what I am saying is, this thing will never brush our teeth nor brew our coffee. I am sure I would prefer not to write a 15 000 word essay with it. I would prefer however, to bring this to the can with me over my desk-top computer.

Peace.
    Mainly due to the fact that the Playbook is 90% depressing....

Just sayin...
    08-21-11 12:44 AM
    Mainly due to the fact that the Playbook is 90% depressing....

Just sayin...
    Possibly another one burned by the STORM with an axe to grind? Why be depressed? Sell it and go be happy.
    You're bringin' us down man...
    westend0r and SoulBlade like this.
    08-21-11 02:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD