biggest thing os2 should deliver for me is stability, way to many bugs, crashes and reboots required in os1.

added functionalit: pptp vpn, email client, skype or android player with cam support would be nice if rim can meet my first requirement.
    12-30-11 04:15 AM
    im hoping the api's for devs are updated and upgraded so we can have more apps with ties into the os. the android player is ok but im much more interested in seeing native qnx apps.

remember. the modern mac os x started out as next a long time ago, then the tech came to apple and over a number of years they got it to the place it is now, very nice. this all took 20 years. rim is trying to get qnx, a very stable and capable os foundation like next was, to the point apple is now, a very slick os with a killer dev enviroment that works well. ios is afterall, just os x with some missing and some added api's with a new ui and interface model.

all in all i say rim are doing well, its just a few things that are bad for the press, no PIM, the rim holy grail, and bragging that amature hour is over, wow you dont go up against the maker of the ipod and iphone like that.

but. i think playbook qnx os 2 will bring enough to the table to get the press inline as well as more and larger devs.

I think if an Android app ends up being popular on the Playbook they will start to make one for the QNX OS. If not someone else will.

James
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-31-11 12:18 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD