So I've been working on a little project for a while.. But finally had the time to actually finish it. I have a convertible case, which after some mods, I love.

I bought a couple of playbook skins for a while but they were lying around in their package as I always need the stand feature for my case. So I decided to make something useful with it.

Long story short. I made a case for my Playbook with an old paid of abercrombie jeans and I would like to share it with you guys as I'm kind of proud of myself.

Not much of a pink fan.. but I was too scared to mess the white one up. I'll probably paint it black... for it to match.

Charging port is free and accessible while closed.

Hope you guys like it.

willl post the making process soon.
    Last edited by alekza; 07-13-12 at 05:35 PM.
    07-13-12 05:30 PM
    The making.... in case you have the time and patience to make a case....

Materials:
    * TPU Case ($3 on ebay)
    * Sewing Kit
    * Elastic
    * Old Pair of Jeans
    * a sheet of felt clothing ($0.50)
    * cardboard
    * scissors
    * patience

Started out by cutting a piece of cardboard.

Adjust the places where you want it to fold.

Cut the hole for the camera.

sew the Black felt clothing to the cardboard

cut out a piece of clothing to go on the back. In my case, the jeans and attach it to the top of the case

Tricky parts: the access ports

I used paperclips to keep the cover attached to the case. I tried to paste it, but couldnt get it to be attached properly. The convertible case is sew... so I imitated this.
    SINCE THE PLASTIC WOULDNT FIT THE SEWING MACHINE... THIS WAS DONE BY HAND. TOOK ME A WHILE

Once I was done I finished by sewing the jeans to the case and placing the elastic on the way.

CAMERA HOLE

There's probably an easier way to make it... but for a first timer... I dont complain!
    Last edited by alekza; 07-13-12 at 05:56 PM.
    07-13-12 05:53 PM
    Cool an artisan with patience

When will we see them on ebay.
    07-13-12 06:12 PM
    Cool an artisan with patience

When will we see them on ebay.
    Artist? Flattered but no.

I'm a 21 year old engineer that wanted a different alternative for a case. Denim Style. Mass production? not mentally prepared for such a challenge ... my wrist still hurts from sewing the shell.

Since I had some more material, I made a pouch with velcro for my bluetooth keyboard and a little cover for my stylus. Now they all match.. yei!

07-13-12 06:24 PM
    I love low-tech design. Now you've got my brain thinking of ideas that I don't have time for...

Here's my buddy's iPad case:

No thief is going to think that's an iPad!
    cerealberry likes this.
    07-13-12 07:52 PM
    So are you missing the back pockets on your pants now?

(nicely done Alekza!!)
    Last edited by saudadeii; 07-13-12 at 08:05 PM.
    07-13-12 08:03 PM
    So are you missing the back pockets on your pants now?

(nicely done Alekza!!)

If i was a larger size, then I would be missing the back pockets.... It took more than just that... hehe

Actually now that I think about it... i would have been nice to used that part... it would have a little pouch... shame.... didnt thought of that before.
    07-13-12 08:18 PM
    Actually now that I think about it... i would have been nice to used that part... it would have a little pouch... shame.... didnt thought of that before.

Hmmmm... You better run with that before I do...
    07-13-12 08:45 PM
    Good job alekza, I like seeing people following through with their ideas with their own hands. Kudos for a job well done!
    07-13-12 10:51 PM
    Very nice!

Taking requests for project 2?

How about bra and panties material of the Victoria's Secret quality next time???

Report back with pics!
    07-13-12 11:08 PM
    Artist? Flattered but no.

I'm a 21 year old engineer that wanted a different alternative for a case. Denim Style. Mass production? not mentally prepared for such a challenge ... my wrist still hurts from sewing the shell.

Since I had some more material, I made a pouch with velcro for my bluetooth keyboard and a little cover for my stylus. Now they all match.. yei!

Click to view quoted image
    The keyboard bag looks nice. I've gone the run of the mill OEM protection route.

What's the next project.
    07-14-12 05:02 AM
    good job !! love u case..handmade cool
    07-14-12 06:37 AM
    The keyboard bag looks nice. I've gone the run of the mill OEM protection route.

What's the next project.

Maybe a keyboard case... but I dont really need one.... just for fun...

maybe so it fits my zagg kb and the playbook and the sylus.
    07-14-12 11:51 AM
    Officially started the Bluetooth Keyboard case for my zaggkeys.
    07-15-12 09:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD