I looked and didn't see a anything.

I found a home screen for our android player. Seems to work fairly good... I used it a lot during my android days.

ADW Launcher- Download 133adw.apk for free on Filesonic.com

Loads up like a normal APK using astro and once opened it seems to become the default home screen until the app is closed and re-launched again.

Last edited by chevydudesixty9; 07-26-11 at 03:01 AM.
    vicks80, M.Rizk, arvindh and 6 others like this.
    07-26-11 02:50 AM
    I know absolutely nothing of Android except what I've learned by using it on the PlayBook, and changing the home screen/theme was something I wondered about. Thanks for this.
    07-26-11 04:48 AM
    this is awesome...
    07-26-11 07:41 AM
    widgets also seem to work fine. slows the playbook down but they work !
    07-26-11 08:45 PM
    Will this home screen manager remain active even after you close and restart Android Player?
    07-26-11 08:54 PM
    Smart taskbar is also a good choice.

07-26-11 09:00 PM
    How do I get the clean look and icon spacing and big icons?
    07-26-11 09:02 PM
    All Android would be best thing for Playbook!
    07-26-11 09:16 PM
    All Android would be best thing for Playbook!
    Oh, yeah. I think they already have one....you mean a xoom?
    07-26-11 09:20 PM
    Smart taskbar is also a good choice.

OMG......you got all these apps loaded on your PB beta Android player app? no way....I'm jealous.....lol

How can I be down?
    07-26-11 09:32 PM
    @michjarv (have another 90 installed that you can't see) Google is my friend. I check to see if the app is free, if it is, then I dl, install, test, and either keep it(if it works and I like it), or turf it if it is giving me problems. I am not that familiar with Android (the gf uses an xperia (shrugs))

I transfer 15 apps at a time and then use Astro File Manager to install.
    I know there is a thread around that has about 100 apps that have been tested and such. If you are looking for a specific app, pm me and let me know.
    07-26-11 09:39 PM
    @oniberry

Are all the apps in your screenshot working with the player?
    07-26-11 10:03 PM
    @Oniberry, oh man that is what I call being resourcefull.....I will definite keep u posted, still in awe at all those apps...lol
    07-26-11 10:15 PM
    Android is why I am getting rid of IPhone. ITunes is just too much a pain in the *** to backup and restore. BlackBerries just too damn slow. I have not found anything that Android cant do that Iphone can.
    chiniki likes this.
    07-26-11 11:07 PM
    I know absolutely nothing of Android except what I've learned by using it on the PlayBook, and changing the home screen/theme was something I wondered about. Thanks for this.
    +1 if it we're for it being crammed into the PlayBook I'd never be messing with Android. Ever. Hah. Thanks OP for posting this and sharing. +thanks when I get to the full site!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    lawguyman likes this.
    07-26-11 11:26 PM
    Messing with a couple of other ones....

Got a Honeycomb one working...
    Unfortunately I don't remember the APK link... These launchers don't like widgets though... It slows down a lot! Only widgets that don't slow it down are the Twitter, search and clock...

07-27-11 09:49 PM
    Some more tweaking. Looks like a real android tablet... How dumb... lol

07-27-11 10:00 PM
    here is mine.... i like it simple
    07-27-11 10:58 PM
    does that status bar at the bottom stay open when you use android apps. if so please find the link. home button would be so useful
    07-28-11 08:37 AM
    You people that are talking down about android are funny. This is just a guess, but I'm gonna say ya'll probably have minimal experience with "a healthy range" of operating systems. I only trust blackberry as far as security goes, but anyone who tells you the other os's suck, probably hasn't used them or just doesn't know how

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-11 08:53 AM
    Some more tweaking. Looks like a real android tablet... How dumb... lol
    What's the name of this home screen app?
    07-28-11 09:31 AM
    When I open the Android Player, I aways get a blank black screen with a gray "Recent Tasks" bar across the top. Swiping down from the top bezel I get the prompt, in orange at the bottom, to set a home screen. I choose "Installed apps", which gives me a kind of list format, with medium sized icons on the left. The player doesn't remember this choice, however, after I close it. It's no big deal, since I'm only using the player for Kindle at the moment, but I wonder if this is the way it works for everybody, and if installing one of these Home Screen things causes it to open up to a proper Home Screen.

Maybe there are different versions of the Player that look and work differently?
    07-28-11 09:57 AM
    I do like this, but because it doesn't save once you exit, I've deleted it
    07-28-11 10:12 AM
    Ubizmo,

I have the same startup screen, but whats anoying me is that when I select an App, I cant get to the "main" screen back. I have to kill the Android app, and open it again.

I pretty sure there must be an answer on this superb forum, but still no luck finding out a post "how to". i tried to swipe the bezel and used all the screen swiping, but still no luck.

Help , please
    07-29-11 03:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD