Well, they could be better, but that makes for a lousy headline.

What I'm wondering is this: Is there any way to have more divisions than ALL FAVORITES MEDIA and GAMES? (And BRIDGE, although I don't have one of those..)

I'd just like more ways to sort my Apps by function ...

Thanks.
    02-22-12 07:27 PM
    Are you still on OS 1?

Those don't exist anymore in OS 2...

Sounds like you need to upgrade your OS...
    02-22-12 07:46 PM
    Well, they could be better, but that makes for a lousy headline.

What I'm wondering is this: Is there any way to have more divisions than ALL FAVORITES MEDIA and GAMES? (And BRIDGE, although I don't have one of those..)

I'd just like more ways to sort my Apps by function ...

Thanks.
    All you have to do is make folders to group the apps in any way you want. That way you will also avoid having to scroll to the bottom of the screen looking for an app.
    To make a folder and group apps all you have to do is touch and hold on any app until they start blinking, then drag one that you want to group into a folder on top of another app. The system will prompt you to name the folder and it will be created. From there, just drag and drop any app you want into that folder and that's it.
    I made folders for my games, system apps, other apps, downloads, etc. (there is one premade for bridge apps)
    carlyincanada and RWD like this.
    02-22-12 07:53 PM
    Im assuming this is for OS 1

PlayBook OS 2.0 gets rid of headers.
    02-22-12 07:55 PM
    All you have to do is make folders to group the apps in any way you want. That way you will also avoid having to scroll to the bottom of the screen looking for an app.
    To make a folder and group apps all you have to do is touch and hold on any app until they start blinking, then drag one that you want to group into a folder on top of another app. The system will prompt you to name the folder and it will be created. From there, just drag and drop any app you want into that folder and that's it.
    I made folders for my games, system apps, other apps, downloads, etc. (there is one premade for bridge apps)

Thanks for the info....I will try the folders as I'm adding more apps and need to organize my homepage
    02-22-12 08:07 PM
    Are you still on OS 1?

Those don't exist anymore in OS 2...

Sounds like you need to upgrade your OS...
    You can in fact make any number of new tabs in OS2 - but they are unnamed. To illustrate, press and hold an icon until all the icons start flashing. Then drag, an icon to the right off the screen. By doing this, you create a new tab into which you can drop the icon. You will see a row of dots just below the icon tray on the home screen. (where the tab names used to be). You can swipe back and forth between the tabs just like you used to do in OS1. To remove a tab simply remove all the icons from the tab and it will automatically be deleted.

If you have a whole bunch of icons that you want to move to a new tab all at once, you can use the following method: First create a new temporary folder in the source tab and drop all the icons that you wish to move into it. Then move the temp folder to the destination tab and remove the icons from the temporary folder.

PS I hope that someone will start a new tips and tricks sticky.
    02-22-12 08:22 PM
    You can in fact make any number of new tabs in OS2 - but they are unnamed.
    That's what I meant.
    02-22-12 08:26 PM
    That's what I meant.
    Okay, but I still think it's more organized to have your apps grouped in named folders in your main screen than in unnamed tabs. But that's only my opinion, so...
    02-22-12 08:44 PM
    Okay, but I still think it's more organized to have your apps grouped in named folders in your main screen than in unnamed tabs. But that's only my opinion, so...
    It's so much nicer to have choices. The OS1 tabs were too arbitrary. I'm not a gamer, so I ended up using that tab for a different reason anyway. The dots are just as good for me and folders add another welcome level of organization. The tray is nifty too because I can put folders there too for easy access. I disagree with the OP - I think RIM did a really good job with the new Home screen.
    02-22-12 08:50 PM
    The OP is obviously referencing the OS 1 layout. Hopefully, after his visit for that question, he saw info on OS2.
    02-22-12 09:14 PM
    Yup, still on OS 1; waiting for you guys to get the bugs out. :-;

Thanks for the suggestions.
    02-22-12 09:23 PM
    Yup, still on OS 1; waiting for you guys to get the bugs out. :-;

Thanks for the suggestions.
    I would advise to get that wireless turned on and download the update. It's ready to use out of the box. Really isn't buggy which is a welcome find. You had some folks on here give great instructions for the folder and tab options which is new to OS2. Enjoy!
    02-22-12 09:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD