Holiday's are a great time to have an "instant on & available" PB. Our house is crowded with everyone home from work & school. Our "normally always on" desktop has a line of users waiting behind it. I've got a laptop, but don't want to leave it plugged in always.

So if I want to do something quick, without waiting for booting up, I just grab the PB and swipe it on. Instant access to web or my different email accounts.

Great reminder of how great a tablet can be.
    Last edited by glassofpinot; 12-27-11 at 06:37 PM.
    Hgouck, Spencerdl, hpjrt and 1 others like this.
    12-27-11 06:21 PM
    My oldest daughter and her 4 children moved in in september. My youngest who is 18 still lives with us. I have 1 desktop, 2 laptops, and my PB. All I can say is THANK GOD for the PB. Every computer in my house is in constaint use. My PB, when not being used for games by my 2, 4, and 7 year old grandchildren for games, is the only access I have to the internet (besides my 9930 BB). Using it has become 2nd nature to all my grandchildren. Even my 18 year old who has a PS3, PS2, and a 360 likes using it to play games.
    glassofpinot likes this.
    12-27-11 06:45 PM
    I was at elderly family members houses during the holiday with no wifi.....yes no wifi, so I just bridged and enjoyed my PlayBook....boredom had to find another place to dwell Two thumbs up for the PlayBook
    jafobabe and glassofpinot like this.
    12-27-11 06:57 PM
    I bought some Chrismas albums from Amazon, downloaded them to my PC and then moved them via USB to the Playbook. (If you are going to have Wifi connectivity, Amazon's "cloud player" also works well.) I play them in the background while playing with the browser--or just leaving the "Fireplace" app running and crackling in the foreground.
    glassofpinot likes this.
    12-27-11 07:32 PM
    My oldest daughter and her 4 children moved in in september. My youngest who is 18 still lives with us. I have 1 desktop, 2 laptops, and my PB. All I can say is THANK GOD for the PB. Every computer in my house is in constaint use. My PB, when not being used for games by my 2, 4, and 7 year old grandchildren for games, is the only access I have to the internet (besides my 9930 BB). Using it has become 2nd nature to all my grandchildren. Even my 18 year old who has a PS3, PS2, and a 360 likes using it to play games.
    I've had that, too, where only my PB is left for me to use It's alarming the way kids these days are glued for hours on end to computers or other game-playing or movie-playing devices. Having grown up in the pre-electronic age, I can't help but think they should be spending more time playing outside with each other or at least playing with real 3D toys that have never heard of a battery.
    12-27-11 07:41 PM
    streaming live team Canada wjhc games on my playbook = serious win
    glassofpinot likes this.
    12-27-11 07:52 PM
    streaming live team Canada wjhc games on my playbook = serious win
    what site were you watching this on?????
    12-27-11 08:27 PM
    what site were you watching this on?????
    tsn.ca - they only stream team Canada games at this point, not any of the other tourney games.
    12-27-11 09:07 PM
    tsn.ca - they only stream team Canada games at this point, not any of the other tourney games.
    Thats ok with me, only the Canadian games matter to me, this way i will be sure to not miss a game
    12-28-11 10:37 AM
    streaming the canada/czech game right now via my pb. Worth the $199 alone!
    12-28-11 07:42 PM
    Went for vacation with wife, inlaws and extended family members, wonderful christmas break no doubt, what made it even better was me having my PB. I could check my regular work stuff, the weather before rushing out, and everything inbetween.
    The holidays just got rocking having the PB, not forgetting reading my fav stuff in flight.....and then storing away the PB ever so efficiently in my cargo pockets...... now thats awesome
    glassofpinot likes this.
    12-28-11 08:03 PM
    Holidays with playbook! I'll drink to that!!
    To think only a year ago it was laptops and no wifi where you need it.
    How far we have come in only a year. From nothing, to this! Seriously, not fast enough for some? Have a glass of egg nog and chill.

I was at elderly family members houses during the holiday with no wifi.....yes no wifi, so I just bridged and enjoyed my PlayBook....boredom had to find another place to dwell Two thumbs up for the PlayBook
    Same here just me and my lonely 80 yo widowed mom who has lost her short term memory and repeats herself all day. Without my pb I would be crawling the walls.

Plus, playbook has something for everyone.... I thought maybe playing cards would help her brain function, but no cards....enter playbook, she does remember solitaire, and even though i had to show her where to put most of the cards, it got her head out of it's rut for a half hour....and then it was less about feeling sorry for herself....it was a mood changer.
    jafobabe, anindoc and glassofpinot like this.
    12-28-11 08:09 PM
    Holidays are a great time to be thankful for what we have.......... including the playbook
    12-28-11 08:20 PM
    Did I mention how nice it is to have a playbook and earbuds when you don't have control of the remote?
    12-28-11 09:15 PM
    Holidays are a great time to be thankful for what we have.......... including the playbook
    Amen to that honestly.
    12-28-11 09:18 PM
    Life is Good.... On vacation till Jan 3... me, my PB+BB, TV, and my parrots.... Pure Heaven!
    Attached Thumbnails Holiday's - great time to have/use the PB!-chewy.jpg   Holiday's - great time to have/use the PB!-jafo.jpg  
    Last edited by jafobabe; 12-28-11 at 10:30 PM.
    12-28-11 10:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD