It finally arrived! My Otterbox is so much nicer than I had expected. The screen protector is absolutely invisible and crystal clear. I did end up taking my Zagg off though because it would stick a little to the Otterbox screen protector which made the picture look weird in those places. No big deal because I am never taking it out of this case!

One of my favorite things about it is the removable front cover which doubles as a stand. In the stand I can sit it on my lap while I'm on the couch, or sit it on a table or desk to use, and the angle is perfect. Then the stand can be clipped out of the way to the back, or to the front for extra protection.

It is also so much easier to use it holding it in my hands because of the grip on the edge. Gives you something to hold on to. It's just as easy to type with just thumbs too.

Perfect! So glad I spent the extra money. Highly recommended.
    05-04-11 06:36 PM
    Glad to hear otterbox has done it again!
    every BB shoudl ship with an otterbox
    05-04-11 06:38 PM
    I will definitely get one for my new Bold touch as soon as it comes out!
    05-04-11 06:39 PM
    I want to order one from CB but the shop is down.
    05-04-11 06:45 PM
    Can it fit in a cargo pocket? Pants pocket?
    05-04-11 07:18 PM
    Agree. Without my Otterbox I was terrified to take it anywhere for fear of dropping it. Kevin's Otterbox drop test gave me all the confidence i needed. Fantastic case
    05-04-11 07:38 PM
    i have been using it for a week. i use it in Agriculture. it is rock solid fits perfect and looks great. it just adds a bit of bulk and weight. but i would like to see someone try to break it in a drop test, highly unlikely. thats the beauty of otterbox.
    05-04-11 07:56 PM
    Would it still fit onto the docking station?

05-04-11 08:03 PM
    Does the screen protector affect the touch sensitivity of the PB screen? i have been considering getting the Otter Box, but was wondering about that.
    05-04-11 09:50 PM
    To bulky for my taste, but if you work on a construction site, it should be awesome! lol
    05-05-11 12:23 AM
    I want to order one from CB but the shop is down.
    Its like $20 cheaper from Amazon
    Amazon.com: Otterbox Blackberry Playbook Defender, Black (RBB2-PLYBK-20-E4OTR): Electronics
    sasquatch99 likes this.
    05-05-11 12:28 AM
    Thanks for the info. I see that it is US$45.75 at Amazon.com, but C$57.69 at Amazon.ca. CrackBerry has it for $66.95 in the US and Canada and they emailed me a promo code for 10% off. I'm in Seattle every couple of weeks to visit my brother-in-law so I'll probably order it from Amazon and have it ship to him.
    05-05-11 01:17 AM
    The Otterbox is a great case! A cheap alternative is the Case-Mate POP case. Its not as thick as the Otterbox but still offers great protection.

05-05-11 01:59 AM
    Does the screen protector affect the touch sensitivity of the PB screen? i have been considering getting the Otter Box, but was wondering about that.
    Mine did, but i contacted otterbox support and they are sending me a new one to see if that does the trick. We shall see.
    05-05-11 06:17 AM
    I just got my otterbox yesterday and wow. It adds a lot of bulk to the PB but I love it. i take the bus to work every day and i was always afraid if it was in my hands and dropped, I would go into panic mode. Not anymore. the thing is rock solid and seems almost indestructible now lol. I had a guy this morning do a double take, and he has a PB and asked how the otterbox is, and I told him about it and he held my PB and said its perfect for him. He is an architect and this would be perfect as he does go to construction sites.
    05-05-11 07:50 AM
    I still haven't bought a case yet. I'm sure the Otterbox provides the best protection but I'm not sure I want a case that weighs more than the device itself.
    05-05-11 07:58 AM
    I bought the Otterbox for the Playbook as I was afraid of taking it out. At the beginning I was thinking of just using it outside and keeping it "Naked" when home.
    Yet was soon as I had it installed I knew it was never going off my playbook. It does make it bigger but it doesn't bother me, it's a little heavy (total weight) but I find it worth the trouble for the security it brings.

Amazing case!
    05-05-11 08:51 AM
    Yes I've had it on my PB for two days now and I love it. I don't feel that the sensitivity has been compromised by the screen protector...
    I'm typing with this now no problem. And whats nice is that you can leave it off if you want. But I doubt I ever will. I feel like I could chuck this thing like a frisbee at the wall with no worries.

And the shield/stand is a huge bonus. I love being able to stand it up on desks in front of me on work breaks.

Its true that it does add bulk and weight but I feel that it is offset by the sense of security. A broken PB sans case isn't as good as a slightly heavier working PB.
    05-05-11 09:22 AM
    lindajm... does it add much weight to the playbook?
    05-05-11 09:48 AM
    lindajm... does it add much weight to the playbook?
    it adds a lot of weight. Almost doubles the weight when its put all together.
    05-05-11 09:49 AM
    yea, it does add weight for sure. It's really a trade off, but for me the benefits are greater than the burden of the extra weight. I paid too much money for this thing to take a chance of accidentally damaging it.
    05-05-11 10:03 AM
    I will definitely get one for my new Bold touch as soon as it comes out!
    Do you work for Otterbox?

I don't need a case as I only use my Playbook indoors at home, and the areas where I use my Playbook are carpeted.
    05-05-11 10:12 AM
    After dropping my Storm 2 on a linoleum floor from a height of 2' with a skin case on and the display stopped working I'm taking no chances with this puppy.
    05-05-11 10:39 AM
    Love my Otterbox case and love the stand just as much. If you're sitting or couch surfing, you can put it in the stand and balance it on your knee or lap much easier than just holding the PB. This would be great for commuting or on planes. I think the shield reduces sensitivity ever so slightly in the corners but worth the tradeoff.

Great product!
    05-05-11 10:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD