Hello Crackberry!

I'm glad to be a part of Crackberry. I've benefitted a great deal from the information posted in the forums. I enjoyed an 8330 and currently own: a Bold 9900, 64gb PlayBook, and a 4G LTE PlayBook. I purchased the PlayBooks in the Great Inventory Blowout of December 2012! I have made a few errors with the PlayBooks:

1) Initially, I assigned the same BlackBerry ID to both PlayBooks. Little did I know that this meant the PlayBooks could not communicate with each other using "Video Chat". When I realized that each PlayBook must have a different ID to chat, I

2) Wiped the LTE PlayBook. Unfortunately this removed the preloaded media from the device (demo video, wallpaper, and mp3). To fix this,

3) I atttempted to send the video from the 64 gb to the LTE resulting (not sure how) in loss of the promo video from the 64 gb. All of this occurred within the first two days of ownership!

Crackberry to the rescue! I followed the "Debrick Technique" (using Desktop Software not Link) and reloaded the HiDef video to the 64 gb. Unfortunately, the same approach does not work with the LTE. I have tried several times. Each time the process stops about half way through, the PlayBook restarts and I receive this message:

"An error has occurred while updating your device's software. Unspecified error encountered [A:0x000000A2]."

Is there another approach that can be used to restore the default media to the LTE? The 64 gb currently runs 2.1.0.1753. The latest OS for the LTE provided by Bell is 2.1.0.1526. Does the debrick technique fail because I changed the ID or is it due to a software difference between the 64 gb and the LTE?

I have been able to upload some, but not all, of the wallpaper and the extended version of the video to the LTE but I would very much like to restore it to original condition. Can anyone shed any light on my experience?

In my opinion, the PlayBook is a fantastic device and I have no intention of migrating to another platform. I'm looking forward to a Z30 in the new year!

All the best!
    11-21-13 08:20 PM
    Welcome to the forums!

Hello Crackberry!

1) Initially, I assigned the same BlackBerry ID to both PlayBooks. Little did I know that this meant the PlayBooks could not communicate with each other using "Video Chat". When I realized that each PlayBook must have a different ID to chat, I

Actually you can! Two ways: 1) The PlayBook has to start the conversation. You type the Z10's PIN and dial; 2) You have yourself as a contact in the address book and list the BBID in one of the emails. It will show as PlayBook Video Chat. Tap it, chat it.

2) Wiped the LTE PlayBook. Unfortunately this removed the preloaded media from the device (demo video, wallpaper, and mp3). To fix this,

To fix it, torn it off, plug it to the PC, launch BB Link/Desktop Manager and let it "reload" the OS.

3) Is there another approach that can be used to restore the default media to the LTE? The 64 gb currently runs 2.1.0.1753. The latest OS for the LTE provided by Bell is 2.1.0.1526. Does the debrick technique fail because I changed the ID or is it due to a software difference between the 64 gb and the LTE?

Doesn't shound like an ID related issue.
    Did you try what I suggested for "issue 2)"?

Also, you may want to check this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-876474/

Good luck!
    11-21-13 08:25 PM
    11-21-13 09:25 PM
    Hi Pacoman03,

I appreciate your response. I think I obtained the long version and wallpaper I do have (18/25) from one of your previous posts! Can you tell me how you got these files from a PlayBook? Is it relatively easy to do this? I'll follow the same approach to get the short video, mp3, and the remaining wallpapers from my 64 gb! Thanks for your help!

Posted from my Playbook 64 gb!
    11-23-13 07:05 AM
    The demo video is the OS 1 version- which got cut down when OS 2 dropped. I downloaded both the video and wallpapers from this board some time ago, so someone else extracted them. They probably did this before PB backups were encrypted, when it would have been relatively easy to do. Not so anymore.
    11-23-13 11:18 AM
    The demo video is the OS 1 version- which got cut down when OS 2 dropped. I downloaded both the video and wallpapers from this board some time ago, so someone else extracted them. They probably did this before PB backups were encrypted, when it would have been relatively easy to do. Not so anymore.
    Does anyone have the default wallpapers and audio that came with the PlayBook? My new PlayBook 4G didn't have any of them. I really liked the wallpapers when I would go to the store just to play with the PlayBook back in the day. It woukd be appreciated.
    06-03-14 02:00 PM