Just thought it polite to say hi and introduce myself to the forum I've been browsing for the last week or so, and also to tell you of my bb experience so far , coming from a 1st gen iPad I couldn't believe the difference between the 2 platforms, the screen is fantastic! I love the os on the device, ok the app store isn't great yet but it's going to improve I bet! So there's the good points now the bad, on first setup the pb wouldn't update it took 4 attempts re downloading every time it failed,then I saw that some apps needed updating so I updated and guess what fail 3 times this was NSF and tetris, eventually they updated great!
    Then I thought I'd try this fantastic browser which dazzled me with its tabs and flash! But then it crashed... It keeps on crashing too but if a bummer really so I tryed to re-install the os using desktop this also failed..
    Don't get me wrong I've not come here to complain I'm sure os2.0 will address or improve these problems my question is has anyone else encountered this? Did you manage to fix?
    So I suppose I'm impressed with my pb, just hope the teething problems get sorted soon
    01-04-12 03:21 PM
    First, welcome. Second, it's your wi-fi connection. Third, steer clear of the Beta OS unless you want more problems.

That said, glad to hear you finally got the PB up and running.
    peter9477 likes this.
    01-04-12 03:27 PM
    Yes, welcome glad you are happy with the playbook!

Please, though, OS 2 developer release in the hands of a newbie is like giving a gun to a monkey -
    Your warranty for tech support in Crackberry is invalid with OS 2. jUst a little advice - don't miss the tips for newbies in the link below my post VVVV
    01-04-12 03:31 PM
    Thanks for welcome, when you say it's my wifi connection what do you mean exactly? Everything else I own connects no problems and stays connected , just my playbook it still shows its connected just browser needs restart .
    01-04-12 03:38 PM
    What's you wi-fi setup? What model modem are you using?
    Last edited by alnamvet68; 01-04-12 at 03:51 PM.
    01-04-12 03:44 PM
    Welcome! It is nice to hear that you're optimistic. I can't believe you have had all those problems in such a short period of time, that really stinks. I have had some one off instances of the browser crashing and a few instances of apps failing to install or be on 600MB of a 400 MB file, but I've had the PlayBook since launch.

I can't offer a solution because I don't know of one. I've been on the BETA os for a while, so I'm not even sure how the newest official OS act.

I hope you can get things working soon as we all wait for the official OS 2.0 update in February.
    mobymg likes this.
    01-04-12 03:47 PM
    Wpa2 if that's what you mean.It's a version 2 bt home hub in the uk and like I stated its caused me zero problems with any other device,of which there are a quite a few.
    Last edited by mobymg; 01-04-12 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Reply
    01-04-12 03:53 PM
    Wpa2 if that's what you mean.It's a version 2 bt home hub in the uk and like I stated its caused me zero problems with any other device,of which there are a quite a few.
    Is that one of those wi-fi setups that you share with others in your community?
    01-04-12 05:20 PM
    Is that one of those wi-fi setups that you share with others in your community?
    is that relevant to issue?
    01-04-12 05:49 PM
    Hello, and welcome. Lots of amazing people here with good advice.
    mobymg likes this.
    01-04-12 06:00 PM
    Others have mentioned problems with that bt router. I don't know if there's any one solution.
    01-04-12 06:21 PM
    Have you tried doing a debrick to see if it helps? Sounds like you have more problems then just the browser crashing. Also since it seems to not like your setup I would go somewhere with free wifi to do the setup after doing the debrick at home.
    01-04-12 06:22 PM
    is that relevant to issue?
    Yes it may...do you share a wi-fi connection with others in your community?
    01-04-12 06:33 PM
    My guess is yes to the sharing wi-fi, and it may just be a bit congested in there. I have never used a bt 2, so this is just a preemptive shot in the dark, something we Americans known for.
    01-04-12 06:40 PM
    My guess is yes to the sharing wi-fi, and it may just be a bit congested in there. I have never used a bt 2, so this is just a preemptive shot in the dark, something we Americans known for.
    I agree; our resident wi-fi expert jafobabe knows a thing or two about these odd Euro wi-fi share set-ups; she posted yesterday on another thread about this peculiar thing I never heard of. My guess is everybody's partying at the same time, so the traffic is just jamming.
    01-04-12 06:44 PM
    My question is what do you mean when you say crash? Is the browser hanging as it tries to load a page or just suddenly closes on you altogether?

I have 2 PB's. One I bought in May and the other in Nov. On the first I run OS2 and on the second I run OS1. I find the tbrowser on either one will suddenly close on me. There it was, gone!! I have noticed it happens when I go to close a browser tab and the whole browser closes.

Like the OP I tend to attribute it to using an OS in infancy and prone to teething spells. Hopefully the big OS2 update will all its teeth lined straight.
    01-04-12 06:46 PM
    My browser would crash often initially but now just a month and a half later maybe once a week at the most. I would have to restart as the icon would grey out but like I said nothing like that since
    01-04-12 06:49 PM
    I agree; our resident wi-fi expert jafobabe knows a thing or two about these odd Euro wi-fi share set-ups; she posted yesterday on another thread about this peculiar thing I never heard of. My guess is everybody's partying at the same time, so the traffic is just jamming.
    I read that as well, was hoping she'd chime in.
    01-04-12 06:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD