hey guys,

something weird is happening. which it never did before. i am loading some old video clips from my PC laptop and all i am getting now (on the PB) is sound but no image...
    is anyone else familiar with this issue? seems so stupid, but i don't know what to do to fix this.
    any assistance would be appreciated. thanking you in advance.
    01-14-12 05:08 PM
    When you sync, do you use Desktop Software? Do you tick the checkbox to convert the videos prior to the sync?
    01-14-12 05:11 PM
    If the same file worked before but not now then try to restart the PB and see if you get an image.
    I don't have the link but if you google "playbook supported video files" there is a PDF with all the file types listed.
    01-14-12 05:14 PM
    @diegonei- i am using Blackberry Device Manager, i found that files loaded quicker. i haven't had a problem with it. just this latest issue which never happened before...

@Chaddface- i have restarted but no luck still the same problem

I must add that i have also loaded full length movies and that works fine, no problems there. so thats what is so confusing.
    01-14-12 05:38 PM
    Try to drag and drop the files to see if that helps.
    I don't use the desktop manager to load files. Maybe in it's conversion something isn't quite right.
    What format are these files in?
    01-14-12 06:24 PM
    I would convert them on the Laptop to match the screen width on the PB, then Drag & Drop them onto the playbook.

Oh, mp4 of course.
    01-14-12 06:29 PM
    the video clips are in .AVI format. nothing crazy there...
    01-14-12 06:34 PM
    Find/download gspot (name is suspect but app is good) for the computer. Drag your video into it and it will show the various codecs used for audio/video. I don't recall which digital "still" camera but I had copied some videos to the pb and I also only got sound. I don't recall what the internals of the videos were.
    01-14-12 07:14 PM
    i downloaded "my video converter" to help convert .AVI files into MP4 format. i tested it on a few of the videos that weren't loading properly. Not only did it work fine but it reduced the amount of memory required and the sound quality is better. ...go figure...

thanks guys for all your suggestions and assistance. go PlayBook!! so excited for 2.0 !!
    01-15-12 07:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD