OK people. A lot of you already have questions and are looking for answers... But if EVERYONE makes a thread for every question we won't brle able to answer them sufficiently.

I poster a problem at like 6am and I've seen 3 threads with the exact same title. If someone was to give an answer in ONE of those threads then the other two people won't know. So USE THE SEARCH and make sure to read what other people are dying and post in the appropriate threads so that it is easier for other people to find answers.

We can do this A LOT faster and efficiently if we do it properly. Let's stop the clutter and get everything going right... Maybe mods could join some threads?
    02-21-12 01:26 PM
    Poor Moderators... wish I could help them out with all this repetition.
    Xavier85 and DAnklaud like this.
    02-21-12 01:32 PM
    Poor Moderators... wish I could help them out with all this repetition.
    Exactly! The first pg has like 5 threads to setup email and 4 asking about android apps... Really?
    02-21-12 01:34 PM
    Its expected on a day like this. Report the threads and let the mods do their job. If it bothers you that much, take a break for a few days until the noobs go back in hiding.

Im sure I'll probably take a break for a few days after today.
    howarmat and kaydubbya#AC like this.
    02-21-12 01:34 PM
    Think some people panic and don't think about trying a search first. Definitely figured this would happen today. We'll make it thru!
    02-21-12 01:37 PM
    Think some people panic and don't think about trying a search first. Definitely figured this would happen today. We'll make it thru!
    i know. its just sad to see because it is making the new discoveries so difficult because you have to sift through dozens of threads that are exactly the same and people trying to make 'official' threads.

ive counted over 10 'android apps' threads in 2 pages and just the same amount of other topics.

these are THE EXACT same threads and people shouldnt have to check 5 or 10 threads for answers. the forums are pretty much useless today due to the lack of mod support/work
    02-21-12 04:32 PM
    Can I suggest a few stickies?

1. Info about Android Player and where it is (ie. it is everywhere and nowhere)
    2. Video player - what it plays, what it doesn't (ie. AC3 audio not supported)
    3. Issues with some people having missing documents etc.

Mich save you a few thousand posts on the exact same questions
    02-21-12 04:40 PM
    I wanted to ask about Android apps BUT the only good thread I could find about it had been CLOSED. tsk tsk.
    02-21-12 04:42 PM
    I'm pretty sure i've had 100 posts today alone. And i'm also pretty sure they've almost all been on the same 5 or 6 questions.
    FSeverino likes this.
    02-21-12 04:43 PM
    I wanted to ask about Android apps BUT the only good thread I could find about it had been CLOSED. tsk tsk.
    the one you made was actually a good one because it isnt 'where are the apps' but it is WHAT ARE THEY

which is a very good question and thing to look at. Thanks for making that

As for creating a couple of stickies... that was exactly my idea... but there is really no point in doing that if all these other threads will be allowed to continue.

this can all be done A LOT better
    02-21-12 04:47 PM
    "OS2.0 user manual pointer post by Brissadman" could use a sticky. Might help reduce the redundant questions.
    02-21-12 04:52 PM
    can you link it in this thread...
    02-21-12 04:54 PM
    A forum this big? Nature of the beast. Get used to it. Even without all the redundant threads, this thread would be one of thousands.
    02-21-12 05:08 PM
    all due respect, pertinent threads get buried (there were 104 pages on this topic alone), some are helpful, some are not, and many get closed.
    02-21-12 08:19 PM
    Be patient, people are excited about the upgrade and can't wait to post findings. It will sort out in a couple of days.
    DAnklaud likes this.
    02-21-12 08:28 PM
    A forum this big? Nature of the beast. Get used to it. Even without all the redundant threads, this thread would be one of thousands.
    one of thousands is better than one of tens of thousands.

it is QUALITY over QUANTITY, just like the apps in appworld.
    02-21-12 08:38 PM
    we do the best we can but traffic today is the most ever on crackberry. Yes there are redundant threads but like stated above we are closing some, deleting some and letting some go.

Please remember that there are tons of people that are just now installing OS 2 while many have already been using betas. So the android thing is a totally new concept in many ways. All this sideloading, downloading from appworld etc can be a little overwelming.

There are MANY having issues as well. The first instinct is to start a new thread. Its just human nature. Many are probably doing searches but if they are having issues they dont have time to look thru 10 threads expecially when many are unanswered at this point since alot of this is new for everyone.

Bottom line is help where you can with good solid answers. Dont just say "its been answer 13412 times just use the search!" When you do this you arent helping at all.

And please dont create more threads complaining about whiners, trolls or people no using the search. Honestly it gets you nowhere except for another thread that isnt needed and knocking another very good thread towards the bottom.
    02-21-12 08:45 PM
    we do the best we can but traffic today is the most ever on crackberry. Yes there are redundant threads but like stated above we are closing some, deleting some and letting some go.

Please remember that there are tons of people that are just now installing OS 2 while many have already been using betas. So the android thing is a totally new concept in many ways. All this sideloading, downloading from appworld etc can be a little overwelming.

There are MANY having issues as well. The first instinct is to start a new thread. Its just human nature. Many are probably doing searches but if they are having issues they dont have time to look thru 10 threads expecially when many are unanswered at this point since alot of this is new for everyone.

Bottom line is help where you can with good solid answers. Dont just say "its been answer 13412 times just use the search!" When you do this you arent helping at all.

And please dont create more threads complaining about whiners, trolls or people no using the search. Honestly it gets you nowhere except for another thread that isnt needed and knocking another very good thread towards the bottom.

Thanks for that.
    I have seen a very big push forward in the last few hours, and am doing my best to answer as many as possible. Ive even added the two stickies to my signature.

If there is anything else I (we) can do just let me (us) know!
    02-21-12 09:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD