Sorry, can't put my name on something when the "spokespeople" that are supposed to represent "the PlayBook community" post constant negative comments towards BBRY. That doesn't represent my feelings. If you're asking for help, why insult them with practically every post? Bully tactics won't get anything accomplished.
    It's certainly not that group that's running this petition!

It's the petition you're signing and the statement on that page is very clear. Pro BlackBerry and Pro PlayBook.The PlayBook fans are Blackberry's most loyal. The 'BlackBerry Evangelists' I've called them before. Telling friends and family how great the products are. If you agree with the petition page please sign.

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    axllebeer likes this.
    04-18-14 03:00 AM
    Signed the petition. :-)
    04-18-14 05:04 AM
    It is funny that you mentioned PlayBook owners are blackberry evangelists, for I was in Kensington the other evening, and, I mentioned my loyalty to BB, and the PlayBook, amongst Apple users, and my wife said don't start him up on this. I am BB till I die, simple!!!!!!!
    04-18-14 05:08 AM
    It is funny that you mentioned PlayBook owners are blackberry evangelists, for I was in Kensington the other evening, and, I mentioned my loyalty to BB, and the PlayBook, amongst Apple users, and my wife said don't start him up on this. I am BB till I die, simple!!!!!!!
    As my wife also knows Tony, it's hard being married to a BlackBerry Evangelist!

04-18-14 06:18 AM
    Here's another novel idea on something anyone can do to help show that we still care:

You are reading CB. You see a review of a game. It looks cool. You want it. You reach for your Z10...

Stop.

Put the Z10 down. Pick up your PlayBook and check FIRST to see if the game is available there. If it's a deal where you buy one, get both PlayBook and BB10 versions... Buy it on the PlayBook!

I'm sure the powers that be at BlackBerry AND devs publishing things look at stats like what device made the purchase. Show them we care by making your purchases on the tablet.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by EchoesFX; 04-18-14 at 11:11 AM.
    04-18-14 10:42 AM
    Ask Chen if he decides to carry on with Playbook updates to agree that everyone who signed the petition gets a heavily discounted BB10 device. Playbook owners get updates, hundreds of devices get sold and Chen gets blackberries in peoples hands. More people might sign just to get a cheap device. Everyones a winner
    axllebeer likes this.
    04-18-14 06:43 PM
    Signed already as I want my PlayBook to remain current and sexy

Posted via CB10 on my awesome Z-30
    axllebeer likes this.
    04-18-14 06:47 PM
    Ask Chen if he decides to carry on with Playbook updates to agree that everyone who signed the petition gets a heavily discounted BB10 device. Playbook owners get updates, hundreds of devices get sold and Chen gets blackberries in peoples hands. More people might sign just to get a cheap device. Everyones a winner
    Not sure if it would work, but sounds good to me!

Posted from my CB via the power of "Q"
    04-19-14 01:25 AM
    Done..

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 09:28 AM
    Now you all are really dreaming. LOL
    04-19-14 09:29 AM
    Chen needs to sell devices in the millions. Why should Chen agree to give the few hundreds or thousands a special break and anger the rest who didnt ? Be happy if we continue to get security updates which we probably will because BB reputation for security must be maintained. Possibly a small loyalty discount might be available on a new tablet to then current PB owners. Auto companies do this mainly because it serves as a marketing tool.
    Orange UK likes this.
    04-19-14 10:20 AM
    BlackBerry should be honoured, such support from fans for their only Tablet Device The BlackBerry PlayBook Sign here for continued support:

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petition...ybook-2?utm_ca

04-20-14 05:04 AM
    I'd be more interested in signing a petition for a new playbook. I don't see how Blackberry continuing to support an outdated device is going to help the company survive.

Because it's called Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)... !!

These days, most IT devices could be deemed "outdated" in little more than 12 moths after release but 3 years after it hit the streets, the BB PB still holds it's own, especially in the realm of security. With 2.6 million owners out there, BB also stands to realize revenues from their 30% take on BBW App purchases. Given decent Apps, ideally native, that wouldn't be insignificant revenue. Of late, I've noticed more and more serious native BB10 Apps. Releasing a PB version of BB10-lite, could arguably aid the relevance of PB and the bottom line of BB.
    Orange UK likes this.
    04-20-14 06:27 AM
    Anyone know how many BB10 devices have been shifted by BB? 2.6 million or less ?
    PlayBook UK likes this.
    04-20-14 09:50 AM
    Anyone know how many BB10 devices have been shifted by BB? 2.6 million or less ?
    There has to be more than how pb are out there. Of course that's all models together.
    04-21-14 06:42 AM
    Keep signing guys, let's push through the 700 barrier, the comments say it all...Used for Business, used on the road with BlackBerry 10, my go to tablet etc..there are thousands, millions of PlayBook customers this petition hasn't reached yet. Please spread the word and keep signing:

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petition...ybook-2?utm_ca

Orange UK and axllebeer like this.
    04-21-14 09:53 AM
    I have put my X in the box. It would be a great pity to let a damn fine tablet go to waste.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 01:07 PM
    Www.savetheplaybook.com

Is now live! The petition continues, and we are expanding the efforts! No sign of giving up

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petition...ted&utm_medium

Last edited by axllebeer; 04-22-14 at 03:51 PM.
    AWB70 likes this.
    04-22-14 01:48 PM
    04-22-14 03:23 PM
    Oops and thank you.

04-22-14 03:52 PM
    Oops and thank you.

No worries, CB had a hissy when I reposted it lol

just easier for peeps to click than copy/paste
    04-22-14 04:17 PM
    Just been on my PlayBook tonight, so annoying when you use Facebook. Yes, I know just use the browser or the ancient sideloaded version but for some reason it still feels like a crime scene.
    I remember thinking at the time when the fb profile pics stopped working, this is a poor show but hopefully it's a sign that bb10 was imminent the fact they didn't fix it for ages. If only I knew then what I know now!

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 06:22 PM
    The dedicated Save The PlayBook website shows how this campaign is going from strength to strength! Keep signing the petition please! Thank you.

04-23-14 12:38 AM
    Signed!!

Posted via My Awesome Z10
    PlayBook UK and AWB70 like this.
    04-23-14 12:45 AM
    Seems like petitions can work! Just had an email saying that another petition I took part in was successful. Snap2chat is now going to be allowed into blackberry world. Power to the people

Posted via CB10
    04-23-14 02:42 AM
442 ... 7891011 ...