Hi guys I am new here so please be gentle. I got my bb pb last Christmas and I am fairly pleased with it the most annoying thing for me is the crap games and apps that bb world provide is there any way for me to get android apps to the pb. I know I am sad but I only want to play the games I like ie candy crush. Etc. Any advice would be most welcome. X
    12-01-13 12:38 PM
    I say this in hopes of not upsetting you. The PlayBook is dead. Now, please realize that I in fact also use a PlayBook, and I have used it since its introduction to the masses. Through sideloading, I was able to get some Android apps to work on my PlayBook. The runtime on it, however, was not the most stable thing in the world. Hence, you will not be playing Candy Crush on there anytime soon. Or, perhaps, you can, and I missed that memo. But, from my experience, Candy Crush will not work on the PlayBook. You may want to find an adequate replacement if that is indeed what you need out of your tablet.
    12-01-13 12:49 PM
    Hi guys I am new here so please be gentle. I got my bb pb last Christmas and I am fairly pleased with it the most annoying thing for me is the crap games and apps that bb world provide is there any way for me to get android apps to the pb. I know I am sad but I only want to play the games I like ie candy crush. Etc. Any advice would be most welcome. X
    Don't despair young man. Quite a few android apps and games can be sideloaded onto the pb. I run Kindle on mine perfectly fine. Just do a search on this forum for sideloading android apps. If that fails just come back here and one of our illustrious inmates will help you.

Just while your here have you always had no head?
    Jane Macwilliam likes this.
    12-01-13 01:02 PM
    Thanks for replying. What do you mean playbook is dead!? Would I be better trying to sell this on or hang onto it??
    12-01-13 01:05 PM
    Ha ha I will look for sideloading. My knees are my best feature lol
    sad_old_man likes this.
    12-01-13 01:09 PM
    Ha ha I will look for sideloading. My knees are my best feature lol
    It doesn't really matter I drink a lot anyway. Do you like Brandy, can you fly, do you like sailors, are you Irish, do you like popcorn oh and can you play the guitar?
    12-01-13 01:14 PM
    Sounds a bit like a speed date to me but I will answer your questions not to be rude. Don't like brandy can't fly. Can u?? Don't know any sailors am Scottish yes I like popcorn but I can't play the guitar. Just here looking for help with my play book
    sad_old_man likes this.
    12-01-13 02:02 PM
    Oh and how do I sideloading stuff???
    12-01-13 02:04 PM
    Oh and how do I sideloading stuff???
    You should watch how-to videos on Crackberry, goodereader.com or youtube. These videos have step by step instructions on how to sideload. That would be the easiest way to learn sideloading.
    12-01-13 02:48 PM
    You should watch how-to videos on Crackberry, goodereader.com or youtube. These videos have step by step instructions on how to sideload. That would be the easiest way to learn sideloading.
    Hey Sir Duck find your own pair of knees!
    dphjeff and Jane Macwilliam like this.
    12-01-13 03:20 PM
    Sounds a bit like a speed date to me but I will answer your questions not to be rude. Don't like brandy can't fly. Can u?? Don't know any sailors am Scottish yes I like popcorn but I can't play the guitar. Just here looking for help with my play book
    mmmmmmm............cant be a speed date every if you don't like Brandy.......I like Brandy, I can fly...(well not me but the plane can), I know lots of sailors, I am Irish, I don't like popcorn, I cant play a guitar but I can ride a motorbike...........oh and I wont hold it against you cause your Scottish........
    12-01-13 03:23 PM
    LOL I am so glad you are not holding against me because I am Scots I am not holding against u cause you are irish. I have even visited your lovely country twice!!! Still not managed the side loading thing yet. Any other pb advice
    sad_old_man likes this.
    12-01-13 04:20 PM
    LOL I am so glad you are not holding against me because I am Scots I am not holding against u cause you are irish. I have even visited your lovely country twice!!! Still not managed the side loading thing yet. Any other pb advice
    Did you watch the videos? Did you download DDPB on your computer?
    12-01-13 04:30 PM
    Have you got a spare hour?

Anyway I unfortunately am temporarily in a little know third world country called merica at the moment but in your quest for knowledge regarding the playbook be very careful. A few characters on this forum must be watched at all times. The duck or Sir Duck as he is known is ok but never get left alone with him, the cat or Sir Cat is not to be taken seriously as he is a bit mentally unstable, the baby is a definite STAY AWAY from when he appears having escaped. Then theres a grape, a house, a lizard, a donkey and I cant find my list anymore because the cat chewed it up but just be careful.

By the way sideloading is not as difficult as it will seem at first to you. Just download the required piece of software onto your pc, download your required android software and away you go?

ps if the duck mentions your knees just let me know ok.
    dphjeff likes this.
    12-01-13 04:37 PM
    Did you watch the videos? Did you download DDPB on your computer?
    Here we go again.........the duck promoting duck videos again. The member isn't interested in watching Donald Duck Plays Batman you stupid duck you.......oh sorry stupid Sir Duck you.............
    dphjeff likes this.
    12-01-13 04:40 PM
    Thanks for replying. What do you mean playbook is dead!? Would I be better trying to sell this on or hang onto it??
    By that I mean, the tablet OS will not get any major updates in the future. Unless, of course, Chen goes in another direction. I am not sure selling it is a valid option at this point, but you could try. I still use my PlayBook, but not as much since I bought my Z. I rather enjoy BlackBerry 10, and was hoping to see it in some form on the PlayBook. I am pretty sure that is not going to happen now.
    12-01-13 05:49 PM
    I feel like I went down a rabbit hole, and the Mad Hatter is running amok. Oh well. I hope you find your PlayBook answers.
    12-01-13 05:52 PM
    By that I mean, the tablet OS will not get any major updates in the future. Unless, of course, Chen goes in another direction. I am not sure selling it is a valid option at this point, but you could try. I still use my PlayBook, but not as much since I bought my Z. I rather enjoy BlackBerry 10, and was hoping to see it in some form on the PlayBook. I am pretty sure that is not going to happen now.
    Now if they took the stupid hub bit out of 10, then corrected all the coding errors in it, then removed the useless android coding out of it and then.............hold on if they did that it would run on the pb? Wow what a discovery I've just made!

10 is a brand new OS that has already been allocated to the scrap heap. Now that must be a record even for RIM?
    12-02-13 07:45 AM
    Watched videos but not downloaded the stuff to comp will do it sometime cheers
    sad_old_man likes this.
    12-02-13 12:37 PM
    Watched videos but not downloaded the stuff to comp will do it sometime cheers
    Steady now Mrs knees! What sort of videos you watch in the privacy of your own home is your affair. Let us know when you have downloaded "the stuff" to your pc?
    12-02-13 02:01 PM