Hey I recently bought a playbook, and I'm trying to install some apps on playbook. I followed the turorial on sideswiping apps, and I managed to add a few apps on my playbook. However I can only launch them while connected to the PC because I have no icons on my playbook for the app.

Secondly I'm trying to install DDPB so I can add some books and roms onto my playbook. When I run the DDPB installer on my windows XP with SP3, I get the following message:

"This setup requires the .NET Framework version 2.0. Please install the .NET Framework and run this setup again. The .NET Framework can be obtained from the web. Would you like to do this now?"

If I click yes, it brings me to a webpage to download .NET Framework version 4.0, which I do, and I install. Yet even after restarting, I still cant install DDPB because the same message appears.

That should fix everything for now. Anyone have a good recommendation for an e-book reader app? I've been on this for 3 hours, and it's so annoying because I have apps side loaded onto my Playbook, and I can launch them, but only through my PC.

On a side note, in another thread someone mentioned side sliding on the home screen? I don't understand. Someone also recommended downloading Ghost Commander, to search for apps and launch them, but when I install that through Blackberry world, I also have no icon for the app (this one at least appears in my list of installed apps).

Please help.
    08-22-13 11:58 AM
    Actually, all new apps. Where the heck are they? I downloaded weather network through blackberry market and can't find it either.

I bought my blackberry used, I can see the guy I bought it from bought Tetris and NFS, both of which I can play fine. Why aren't my apps showing up there?
    08-22-13 12:10 PM
    Actually, all new apps. Where the heck are they? I downloaded weather network through blackberry market and can't find it either.

I bought my blackberry used, I can see the guy I bought it from bought Tetris and NFS, both of which I can play fine. Why aren't my apps showing up there?
    This is not an android tablet, where you can only scroll left or right to get to a new screen. You CAN do this on the PB, but you can ALSO scroll down on the homescreen- your apps should be there.
    08-22-13 12:24 PM
    08-22-13 12:37 PM

Tetris and NFS are default games, not purchased. What do you actually see? Have you opened the app drawer?

Edit: You can see if .NET Framework 2 is on the PC by looking at your installed program list. If you feel more comfortable with a MS link:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=68vyKAyq
    Last edited by Gooseberry Falls; 08-22-13 at 12:57 PM.
    08-22-13 12:38 PM
    This is not an android tablet, where you can only scroll left or right to get to a new screen. You CAN do this on the PB, but you can ALSO scroll down on the homescreen- your apps should be there.
    Yup, that's where they'll be!
    08-22-13 01:21 PM
    Tetris and NFS are default games, not purchased. What do you actually see? Have you opened the app drawer?

Edit: You can see if .NET Framework 2 is on the PC by looking at your installed program list. If you feel more comfortable with a MS link:
    Download Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 from Official Microsoft Download Center
    This however doesn't fix my problem. I removec .NET framework 4.0 and tried 2.0 (same link), and I get the same message:

"This setup requires the .NET Framework version 2.0. Please install the .NET Framework and run this setup again. The .NET Framework can be obtained from the web. Would you like to do this now?"

I can go to Add or Remove Programs and even see Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 2.0 in my list of programs.

Sorry for the late reply, I was pretty annoyed when I failed.

Do I really need DDPB? I'm trying to put some roms and epub files on my Playbook for games and books I already own. I have the emulators, installed, and the rom/epub files already.
    08-22-13 04:18 PM
    Do I really need DDPB? I'm trying to put some roms and epub files on my Playbook for games and books I already own. I have the emulators, installed, and the rom/epub files already.
    The answer to this question is no. I assume that since you've already sideloaded some apps, that whatever method you used, the Chrome app manager or otherwise, should generally work as good as DDPB. As for loading ROMs or epubs, DDPB can't do this for you anyway. Any normal file transfer method, of which there are a number, will suffice to do this.
    08-22-13 04:31 PM
    I quoted you, but maybe I didn't press send.

This made me so happy. I tried scrolling down based off another threads suggestion, but I fail at scrolling.
    08-22-13 04:49 PM
    The answer to this question is no. I assume that since you've already sideloaded some apps, that whatever method you used, the Chrome app manager or otherwise, should generally work as good as DDPB. As for loading ROMs or epubs, DDPB can't do this for you anyway. Any normal file transfer method, of which there are a number, will suffice to do this.
    When I plug in my Playbook into my PC, it limits me to the folders I can open. I can't put folders in places as I please.

Oh....I think I might know the problem. My eBook Reader app is kobo books, I'm going to try a more generic e-book reader.

Dammit, So I had everything done and gave up because DDPB wouldn't install (still won't)
    08-22-13 04:57 PM
    I don't think you can load books into Kobo, but you can with other E-readers (sideloaded Kindle). Anyhow, you can transfer the ROMs and books to any folder on your Playbook. Then install Ghost Commander, a free android file manager in app world, and use Ghost to move the files to the appropriate location. There are other ways to do it, but you're already halfway there using this method.
    08-22-13 05:10 PM
    I don't think you can load books into Kobo, but you can with other E-readers (sideloaded Kindle). Anyhow, you can transfer the ROMs and books to any folder on your Playbook. Then install Ghost Commander, a free android file manager in app world, and use Ghost to move the files to the appropriate location. There are other ways to do it, but you're already halfway there using this method.
    Thanks, I got the roms on, going to sideload Kindle (that's the e-book reader you recommend?). Takes me a while cause I'm running ubuntu and have to transfer the files to my tower by usb LOL.
    08-22-13 05:42 PM
    Thanks, I got the roms on, going to sideload Kindle (that's the e-book reader you recommend?). Takes me a while cause I'm running ubuntu and have to transfer the files to my tower by usb LOL.
    Install Chromium browser into Ubuntu then install the Playbook App Manager extension (the other way to side load)
    Sideload Android apps to your BlackBerry 10 device using Google Chrome | CrackBerry.com
    that way you can do it on Ubuntu machine.
    08-22-13 06:00 PM
    Install Chromium browser into Ubuntu then install the Playbook App Manager extension (the other way to side load)
    Sideload Android apps to your BlackBerry 10 device using Google Chrome | CrackBerry.com
    that way you can do it on Ubuntu machine.
    Problem is I only have 1 USB on my laptop (the other one broke - dell quality for you), and I need that 1 USB for my mouse because my trackpad also doesn't work.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a free e-book reader? I'm having trouble finding one and loading the books I already have.
    08-22-13 06:50 PM
    You don't need USB to sideload or to transfer files to the Playbook. Both can be done wirelessly. The Kindle bar can be found here- Amazon Kindle for Playbook and BB10 - Blackberry Playbook and BB10 eReading and News Apps It'll accept MOBI books, maybe some other formats.
    08-22-13 07:19 PM
    Problem is I only have 1 USB on my laptop (the other one broke - dell quality for you), and I need that 1 USB for my mouse because my trackpad also doesn't work.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a free e-book reader? I'm having trouble finding one and loading the books I already have.
    As just said, follow the instructions for chrome (chromium in ubuntu) app manager but use the wifi (192.168.x.x) ip address indicated by the development mode icon that shows on playbook screen. Stow away that PlayBook usb cable until you really need it to debrick.
    08-23-13 02:24 AM
    I am facing this issue while connecting with DDPB �Error: Cannot connect: Connection to https://169.254.0.1 refused. You may have to reboot the target.� � I did reboot did complete wipe and re-installed the OS, yet have this issue.

I have the OS 2.1.0.1526 is installed at present

Can some one help�.
    08-28-13 02:24 AM
    I am facing this issue while connecting with DDPB “Error: Cannot connect: Connection to https://169.254.0.1 refused. You may have to reboot the target.” – I did reboot did complete wipe and re-installed the OS, yet have this issue.

I have the OS 2.1.0.1526 is installed at present

Can some one help….
    See Post 13 above. I find Chrome with the AppMgr add-in easier to deal with.
    08-28-13 09:42 AM
    Even that does not work...
    08-30-13 01:17 AM
    Even that does not work...
    See Post 13 above. I find Chrome with the AppMgr add-in easier to deal with.
    08-30-13 01:18 AM