I'm hoping someone can help me, I'm about to lose my $hit!! I have ~270 photos on my playbook. I cannot seem to move them to my PC. I tried moving them, but got an error when trying to connect my playbook to my Blackberry Desktop Software. I was on the phone with BB support for about 1 hour which was useless. All I managed to do was back up my playbook. When trying to look at the back up, I found out that the back up is .bbb (which I don't really understand, but through googling found out that I want to change), Unfortunately, I've tried converting the .bbb but cannot. I tried using Magicberry, but something was missing and it didn't work. I also tried Blackberry extractor something or other, but that didn't work either.
    I haI'm hoping someone can help me, I'm about to lose my $hit!! I have ~270 photos on my playbook. I cannot seem to move them to my PC. I tried moving them, but got an error when trying to connect my playbook to my Blackberry Desktop Software. I was on the phone with BB support for about 1 hour which was useless. All I managed to do was back up my playbook. When trying to look at the back up, I found out that the back up is .bbb (which I don't really understand, but through googling found out that I want to change), Unfortunately, I've tried converting the .bbb but cannot. I tried using Magicberry, but something was missing and it didn't work. I also tried Blackberry extractor something or other, but that didn't work either.

I have tried googling how to extract the .bbb, but don't understand. I'm not very tech saavy and don't understand what to do.

Long story short. I have my backup in .bbb format and can't open and it and have no clue as to how to open it. Can you help? If so, I would appreciate step by step instructions, in layperson lingo...so that I can understand.

thanks so much!!
    11-19-12 05:39 PM
    Don't use BB Desktop Software. Just connect your PB to your computer via USB. The drivers should load automatically- if they don't, go to Start Menu, Blackberry, and then click on Blackberry Device Manager. Windows Explorer should launch automatically showing your PB's media file system. Open your Camera and/or Photos folder and copy any photos you want to move and then paste them onto your PC.
    Chaddface likes this.
    11-19-12 06:18 PM
    Don't use BB Desktop Software. Just connect your PB to your computer via USB. The drivers should load automatically- if they don't, go to Start Menu, Blackberry, and then click on Blackberry Device Manager. Windows Explorer should launch automatically showing your PB's media file system. Open your Camera and/or Photos folder and copy any photos you want to move and then paste them onto your PC.
    Pacoman: do you need the drivers if you want to try it via wifi sharing? Although setting that up involves a few more steps?
    11-19-12 06:28 PM
    You can try wifi file sharing too. In windows type \\your PB IP\media EXAMPLE: \\192.168.1.1\media
    Be sure to turn on wifi file sharing in the PB settings and turn off password protect just to eliminate and other problems.
    11-19-12 06:30 PM
    Pacoman: do you need the drivers if you want to try it via wifi sharing? Although setting that up involves a few more steps?
    No, you shouldn't. But as you said, sharing via wifi is a bit more involved. Baby steps first- once he gets USB transfers down, then ha can move on to wifi transfers.
    11-19-12 06:32 PM