Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pacoman03
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question HELP, please...trying to move photos from BB playbook to PC

I'm hoping someone can help me, I'm about to lose my $hit!! I have ~270 photos on my playbook. I cannot seem to move them to my PC. I tried moving them, but got an error when trying to connect my playbook to my Blackberry Desktop Software. I was on the phone with BB support for about 1 hour which was useless. All I managed to do was back up my playbook. When trying to look at the back up, I found out that the back up is .bbb (which I don't really understand, but through googling found out that I want to change), Unfortunately, I've tried converting the .bbb but cannot. I tried using Magicberry, but something was missing and it didn't work. I also tried Blackberry extractor something or other, but that didn't work either.
    I haI'm hoping someone can help me, I'm about to lose my $hit!! I have ~270 photos on my playbook. I cannot seem to move them to my PC. I tried moving them, but got an error when trying to connect my playbook to my Blackberry Desktop Software. I was on the phone with BB support for about 1 hour which was useless. All I managed to do was back up my playbook. When trying to look at the back up, I found out that the back up is .bbb (which I don't really understand, but through googling found out that I want to change), Unfortunately, I've tried converting the .bbb but cannot. I tried using Magicberry, but something was missing and it didn't work. I also tried Blackberry extractor something or other, but that didn't work either.

I have tried googling how to extract the .bbb, but don't understand. I'm not very tech saavy and don't understand what to do.

Long story short. I have my backup in .bbb format and can't open and it and have no clue as to how to open it. Can you help? If so, I would appreciate step by step instructions, in layperson lingo...so that I can understand.

thanks so much!!
    CrackBerry Genius

Don't use BB Desktop Software. Just connect your PB to your computer via USB. The drivers should load automatically- if they don't, go to Start Menu, Blackberry, and then click on Blackberry Device Manager. Windows Explorer should launch automatically showing your PB's media file system. Open your Camera and/or Photos folder and copy any photos you want to move and then paste them onto your PC.
    Chaddface likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pacoman03 View Post
    Don't use BB Desktop Software. Just connect your PB to your computer via USB. The drivers should load automatically- if they don't, go to Start Menu, Blackberry, and then click on Blackberry Device Manager. Windows Explorer should launch automatically showing your PB's media file system. Open your Camera and/or Photos folder and copy any photos you want to move and then paste them onto your PC.
    Pacoman: do you need the drivers if you want to try it via wifi sharing? Although setting that up involves a few more steps?
    CrackBerry Genius

You can try wifi file sharing too. In windows type \\your PB IP\media EXAMPLE: \\192.168.1.1\media
    Be sure to turn on wifi file sharing in the PB settings and turn off password protect just to eliminate and other problems.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by F2 View Post
    Pacoman: do you need the drivers if you want to try it via wifi sharing? Although setting that up involves a few more steps?
    No, you shouldn't. But as you said, sharing via wifi is a bit more involved. Baby steps first- once he gets USB transfers down, then ha can move on to wifi transfers.