Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default HELP!! Playbook wont sync with computer

I put some movies on my playbook yest using the usb cable to connect it to my laptop. Today when I went to put more on, it isnt able to sync up to my computer. It shows the connected to computer on the playbook, but says that it cant connect on my comp. I have restarted both of them numerous times and had the same results... anyone know how to fix this?!
    CrackBerry Addict

What comp are you using PC or Mac.....??

If its a Mac, don't sweat it-- it simply won't work... if its a PC, no idea.. someone who uses one might give you suggestions.

However, the best suggestion would be to just drag-n-drop your files from your comp to the PB... its the sanest way to do it

EDIT: It does for a chosen few
    Switching of your wifi network does the trick.
    Last edited by anindoc; 02-15-2012 at 01:54 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Im using a macbook pro and I just got it to work. Apparently I had to turn off wifi? I had never done that before today and its worked fine every other time.

Just curious, why do you say that it simply wont work? Ive had numerous blackberrys in the past and every one of them has worked with my macs
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by bsmithphoto13 View Post
    Im using a macbook pro and I just got it to work. Apparently I had to turn off wifi? I had never done that before today and its worked fine every other time.

Just curious, why do you say that it simply wont work? Ive had numerous blackberrys in the past and every one of them has worked with my macs
    I said that because I have had never been able to sync my PB with my Mac.
    I have used BB for quite sometime, have had success with syncing them to Macs (Powerbooks--to MacBooks), but due to some reason the PB just don't do it.
    I have tried the 'wifi' switch off in the past, it never worked either. Look here, I had posted on the same topic earlier: Unable to locate tablet storage

I shall edit my prior post then, as you got it to work
    Last edited by anindoc; 02-15-2012 at 02:03 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by anindoc View Post
    What comp are you using PC or Mac.....??

If its a Mac, don't sweat it-- it simply won't work... if its a PC, no idea.. someone who uses one might give you suggestions.

However, the best suggestion would be to just drag-n-drop your files from your comp to the PB... its the sanest way to do it
    I hate to correct you, but my Playbook wasn't connecting with my Vista machine & I couldn't even get the new Desktop Manager to install. I connected it to my Mac, running OS X not a new Mac by any stretch of the imagination & it worked on the first try.

Mac computers simply work... I just had to throw that in there since, there is a lot of Apple bashing in the forums for no real good reason... Computers, like people should just learn to get along...

Thanks!
    "If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves" - Thomas Edison
    http://www.carlos-delcampo.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by cdelcampo216 View Post
    I hate to correct you, but my Playbook wasn't connecting with my Vista machine & I couldn't even get the new Desktop Manager to install. I connected it to my Mac, running OS X not a new Mac by any stretch of the imagination & it worked on the first try.

Mac computers simply work... I just had to throw that in there since, there is a lot of Apple bashing in the forums for no real good reason... Computers, like people should just learn to get along...

Thanks!
    Don't worry dude, I don't bash Mac computers..... (please read my earlier post).
    I have never owned a PC only Macs, but in this particular case my PB dosent sync with my Mac.... thats all.