Non-techy guy here, today for no apparent reason that I can see, my Playbook's response time has slowed down. I type the password it takes roughly 4-5 secs to get the main screen up, i press the camera icon and it also takes time for the camera feature to come out on the screen and when I do take a picture there is a slow transfer again roughly 4 secs for the screen to turn dark, then hear the click, then screen back to normal. keyboard input is slow to respond too, flipping book/graphic novel pages are slow as well.

I tried hard start (stop, - and + buttons at the same time)) but i still get the same response. Its a 64GB playbook with still 25.3 GB of space available. I would appreciate a step by step guide so I can follow it and get my beloved playbook back on track.

OS is 2.1.0.1526, 157 applications, 729 musics, 19 videos, 134 pictures and 554 documents on it. Last downloaded application was My Best Shot done last week.

I appreciate the help. Thank you in advance.

warm regards,

Island par
    Last edited by island par; 04-05-13 at 09:34 PM. Reason: wrong grammar and spellings
    04-05-13 11:52 AM
    I've had my PB for about a month and what you are describing about the slow camera issue happened to me this one time.

Probably the best thing to do is to Restart your device. That did it for me.

edit.. I saw you tried that already.. hmm.
    04-05-13 12:13 PM
    this happened to my pb when I got down to around 25gb left on. What sorted it for me was backing up everything then doing a wipe, then restoring everything. Bit of a pain but since then i've had no issues. My pain was that it happened to me whilst on hols, meaning I had to wait a week before I could do this. This was back in october & haven't had any slow down since.

Hope this helps, if in doubt - backup using desktop manager, wipe from the security section of the PB options, then update once restored to default, then recover with the backups.
    island par likes this.
    04-05-13 12:17 PM
    backup using desktop manager, wipe from the security section of the PB options, then update once restored to default, then recover with the backups.
    I'd avoid backing up your media with desktop software, since if something goes wrong during your restore, you run the possibility of losing all of you media- it has happened to some. Instead, manually backup your media by dragging and dropping to your PC. Manually backing up tends to go much faster anyway.
    axllebeer and island par like this.
    04-05-13 12:36 PM
    Do a Three Button Restart
    island par likes this.
    04-05-13 12:48 PM
    Any changes in your system or apps? Any sideloaded Android Apps?

You can run Advanced app manager (is that it Pacoman?) and check to see what apps or processes are running.
    island par likes this.
    04-05-13 03:47 PM
    Do a Three Button Restart
    Done that and its still the same
    04-05-13 09:36 PM
    Any changes in your system or apps? Any sideloaded Android Apps?

You can run Advanced app manager (is that it Pacoman?) and check to see what apps or processes are running.
    No sideloaded android apps, where do i find the advance app manager?
    04-05-13 09:37 PM
    this happened to my pb when I got down to around 25gb left on. What sorted it for me was backing up everything then doing a wipe, then restoring everything. Bit of a pain but since then i've had no issues. My pain was that it happened to me whilst on hols, meaning I had to wait a week before I could do this. This was back in october & haven't had any slow down since.

Hope this helps, if in doubt - backup using desktop manager, wipe from the security section of the PB options, then update once restored to default, then recover with the backups.
    Thanks I'll be trying this right now.
    04-05-13 09:47 PM
    I'm going to take a guess and say it is Android apps. Even of you don't side load them and they all came from App World I have a feeling they will slow your system down the more you have. I have no proof to back this up, just a hunch.
    04-05-13 10:51 PM
    When it rains it pour!

Successful with the wipe but as the software update was on going

" INTERNET DISCONNECTED

RETRYING DOWNLOAD IN THE BACKGROUND"

The internet is back, do i wait this out (its been an hour or more) or do I shut it down and start it up again?

Appreciate the help
    04-06-13 02:04 AM
    When it rains it pour!

Successful with the wipe but as the software update was on going

" INTERNET DISCONNECTED

RETRYING DOWNLOAD IN THE BACKGROUND"

The internet is back, do i wait this out (its been an hour or more) or do I shut it down and start it up again?

Appreciate the help
    Hmm a wipe and reinstall should only take around 30-40 min. I did the De brick way and only took 45min all said and done.

What us your pb lights doing right now, and what's on the screen.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    04-06-13 07:18 AM
    Yes, what is or is not happening hours later? Can you see the lights on your wifi or modem? Any activity?
    04-06-13 09:06 AM
    Guys,

I restarted it as suggested, and EVERYTHING'S BACK TO NORMAL!!!! Thank you Crackberry family for your help on this. I was really on pins and needles throughout this ordeal but after the re-boot, I saw the benefits of a full wipe, its back to its original pace and the battery life is better. It gave me also the opportunity to get rid of the "nice to have downloads" and keep the "need to haves only".

I REALLY LOVE THE PLAYBOOK!
    FF22 likes this.
    04-06-13 10:07 PM